One more week till the Columbia reopens...

T
The Nothing
Woot!

Next tuesday (the 16th) the Columbia reopens to Steelhead and Sockeye (and Chinook jacks iirc)

Sockeye then closes on the 31st...

Chinook opens on the 22nd, closes on July 5th, then re-opens on August 1st...

Coho also opens up on August 1st as well...

The saddest part to me is the size of our Columbia Sockeye. 2-3lbs, and they count towards your salmonid adult keep...

K
Kodiak
just bring a hibatchy. Bonk, cook, eat. what possesion?:lol: They should let us count them toward our jack limit instead.

T
The Nothing
or wrap in foil and toss on the engine block :D

agreed. but fishin with be fun, you'll never know what you're gonna get... jack, summer steel, sockeye, or 'nook!

L
luv2fish
Kodiak said:
just bring a hibatchy. Bonk, cook, eat. what possesion?:lol: They should let us count them toward our jack limit instead.

Right said Kodiak...

J
JeannaJigs
They seriously count those on your tag? lol that sucks.

The Columbia and it's regs would drive me nuts if I lived up there.

F
FishSchooler
The sockeye are that small? I was hoping to hook some while shadding.

T
The Nothing
ok, well, 3-5... nothing crazy this far south usually.

L
luv2fish
which fortunately is the right size for dinner purpose....its the best salmon....leaner than most of their cousins..especially nooks which have higher fat content...yummm sockeye....:)

J
JeannaJigs
They are pretty good, I must say their landlocked cousins are my favorite fish to toss on the grill.

F
fisch
Do you guys have any good spots to fish for Sockeye on Columbia? What lures, bait to use?

J
juggernaut506
I would have been able to land, take a picture of and release a Chinook today while shad fishing if the brass hook didn't bend on me. It was a fun fight for the 5 minutes I had it on for though.

T
The Nothing
went out to Prescott today... only a couple bell ringers for me, but saw a couple good sized Nooks, couple steel, and a few sockeye hooked today...

can't wait till next week when we can keep the nooks too!

T
Troutier Bassier
I would Love to go Salmon fishing on the Columbia.