One more trip before the end of the year!

B
BlackTalon
I am trying to work out details to make it out on one last sturgeon trip before year end. Think I will launch out of Cathedral Park on Saturday. Anybody else going to be out fishing?

Any recent reports?

Evan

F
Fish Fight
I'll be out on Saturday for a few hours. Good Luck and tight lines.

J
juggernaut506
I'll be the guy out there cussing because I don't know what I'm doing.

B
BlackTalon
Hey, I am no expert but if you see us in a black Alumaweld, stop and say Hi! Maybe I can help and save you some cussing. We are meeting at Cathedral Park at 8:30.

Evan

J
juggernaut506
I'll be there around that same time. I've got the 14 ft Almumacraft behind the grey Tacoma that has a camo Oregon "O" in the back window.

A
All Ford
I fished there yesterday. I took my friend and his 7 year old son to try to get him his first Sturgeon. It was my first time fishing there. It was so foggy you couldn't see the other side of the river from the boat launch. We started out fishing next to the exxon tanks because we couldn't see to navigate the river. Switched to the other side of the river around 11:30 and started getting hits. We fished 3 poles, one with squid, one with smelt and one with dead sand shrimp. When I say dead I mean they have been sitting in the boat for a month and were STINKY. The sand shrimp out fished both the other poles. Ended up landing 2 under size and missed a few more. There were about 15 other boats out there. One guy we talked to said he had good luck up river from the bridge 1/4 mile. Good luck out there. Hope ya catch a keeper.

J
juggernaut506
Only got two shakers for 3 poles in the water. The bite started picking up right when the wind started making the water too rough to keep the boat steady.

B
BlackTalon
Sturgeon on Saturday

Sturgeon on Saturday

I ended up canceling my trip for today and then regretted it all day.

I may go out of Newberg tomorrow for a little while.

Evan

S
STURGEON FEAR
let me know how u do at newberg thinkin of goin on sat. never been there but figure better try once i usually fish down at st. johns

B
BlackTalon
newberg sturgeon

newberg sturgeon

I decided to go to St. Johns instead. I still have a bad taste in my mouth for the Newberg area, not fishing related but lost my first anchor there on my only trip in the area. I want to go back when the water is down and see about getting it back if someone doesn't beat me to it.

The advice I heard about the Newberg area is to go upstream to the island and anchor off the downstream point.

Evan

S
STURGEON FEAR
did u catch anything at st.johns?

B
BlackTalon
St. John's sturgeon

St. John's sturgeon

Yes, I caught a few shakers but was only out for a few hours. Current was non-existent and wind was blowing, hard to keep bait still. I was by myself and would have preferred to have several baits out. I will be probably be back out at St. Johns on Thursday.

Evan

J
juggernaut506
I may go to St. John's again Saturday if it's not going to be as cold and windy as it was last weekend. I may just go to Peoria and try some of the holes I know down there if I decide not to tow the boat that far.

J
juggernaut506
That way I can also shoot ducks and geese if the sturgeon don't act right.