On the retrieve

R
RunWithSasquatch
Spent 10 hours in the boat today, didn't see another fisherman all day, was a nice change of pace. Went with a friend from work, and was excited to get to ride in his boat instead of row mine for a change, but ended up rowing anyway when he showed up with a hurt back. Ended up 1for3 and worked hard for it. The only fish we got to the boat came after a long stretch of plug pulling, we decided to wrap things up, and I rowed us to the bank and dropped anchor for a break while he reeled in his rod, and this fish couldnt resist the plug while he reeled in my rod.

0128111431-00.jpg

Last edited:
M
Moe
awesome fish! I bet he couldnt believe the fish bit while he retrieved.

S
skunk
That's great. Nice fish, guess they don't always bite fair.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Moe said:
awesome fish! I bet he couldnt believe the fish bit while he retrieved.

I was probably in more disbelief then he was, I had my back to him when it bit

M
Moe
haha, I can totally imagine him yelling fish on and you turn around and go what the hell did you do?

S
Santiam338
Just proves that as long as you are in the water,your fishing :) ...Ya just never know...LOL

Having the same luck as you are...Lots of hard fishing with only a fish every now and then to show for it...Lots of dead time on the water for me so far this year.. But I am ALWAYS optimistic..LOL

R
RunWithSasquatch
Moe said:
haha, I can totally imagine him yelling fish on and you turn around and go what the hell did you do?
Him-" Theres one!" Me with out turning around "No way" Then I turn around to see it go airborn

R
RunWithSasquatch
Santiam338 said:
Just proves that as long as you are in the water,your fishing :) ...Ya just never know...LOL

Having the same luck as you are...Lots of hard fishing with only a fish every now and then to show for it...Lots of dead time on the water for me so far this year.. But I am ALWAYS optimistic..LOL

Yeah its been spotty for me, been getting one a trip, but nothing lights out, I bet all the rivers turn on after the next good rain. All 3 fish we touched today were within a quarter mile of each other, seems there was a little push of fish moving through.

Last edited:
C
Combat Chuck
That boat looked familiar at first... after thinking about it, its not. Just a rare color :lol:. Great job on the fish.

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Combat Chuck said:
That boat looked familiar at first... after thinking about it, its not. Just a rare color :lol:. Great job on the fish.

My friend Rick just picked it up maybe 3 weeks ago. The guy who had it last lived down in Roseburg I believe.

F
fishingfreak
Nice Job! That is Awesome just when u least expect it. I Love it when that happens.

N
nwkiller
wow, im jelouse, nice job

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish

N
NoobTooner
ooohohoho! man i'm so green right now.. nice lill fish guys. that realy sounds like a good day.