OMG I think I am in LURVE!!!

G
Growbug
Needed to replace the 5/6 weight that got snapped at Trillium. Hmm, it was a tough call, go back to WW Grigg and replace it with another $20 find, or go out and get a different rod. Answer... Griggs dont have any $20 rods at the moment.
So... off exploring I went, asking lots of different people in lots of different shops what they would recommend. I ended up with a 'less than expensive' alternative to all the Sage, etc that I was being pushed.
TFO Lefty Kreh Signature 8ft 4wt.
Took it out tonight to christen it on a Cuttie.. and succeeded.
Now.. here's my shock. The 4wt casts as if it were an extension of my arm (didn't expect such a nice action) and an 8" Cut-throat felt like it was a Smallmouth Bass on the end of the line!! I could feel every little bump n grind.

I add to the cry

Long live the 4wt

G
GDBrown
See, I been tellin ya!

See, I been tellin ya!

:yay::dance::yay::clap::yay::doh::yay::yay::yay:

O
OnTheFly
Those TFO's are nice. Good choice Rob.

E
eggs
I have the tfo signature 8wt and love it.. nice pickup!

N
ninja2010
good choice, matey... tfo makes great rods at a great pricepoint - with awesome no-questions-asked warranty.

G
Growbug
Hopefully taking her out for a stroll again tonight. I can't believe the difference between this and my 5/6 wts

C
Coho Kid
My dad used to fly fish for steelhead after a long day of rowing for us. He would take us all down the Clack in the boat back trolling plugs or earlier in the season diver and bait. Then he would pull over at some pocket water on the way home and fish until dark every once in a while picking up a nice bright steelie to add to our days springers. I've never gotten into fly fishing myself, but I do have respect for those who pursue it.