Oldie but a goodie

A
autofisher
Took my mom trout fishing today, just kind of messing around like always. Got home and got some crappy news just as a friend showed up. He decided to take me fishing and away we went. Headed up to the North Santiam and found one of my favorite spots and started drifting. 1st cast, nothing.... too much weight. Reel in cut some lead OFF and away we go for cast #2. Short cast.... tap ........tap........then this shadow came over and inhaled my gear. Fought him in, native. But man he was pretty. Snapped a quick pic and back he went. That's one way to make ya feel better. 06-15-2010.jpg

O
OnTheFly
And the magic yarn color wassssssssssss............???????????? (nice fish Mikey, that'll be a headliner for sure)

J
Johnny Southpaw
Gotta love those red-stripe bucks! Nice job!

T
Thuggin4Life
Sorry about the bad news but i bet you forgot all about while fighting that fish. Very nice! But if you want to sell yarn you need tell us the colors.

troutdude
troutdude
Congrats. Nice fish! And a nice sunny day to boot.

H
halibuthitman
ah... see, no waders, vest, or hoopla... bet you got it on a red and white daredeville! fishing poles are the only real cure for deppression. Awsome fish-

B
bigsteel
great fish bro,,,,,,,,,,was that on GLOWBUG yarn:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A
autofisher
Awww gee. You guys are all so kind. :lol: Glo-bug.:rolleyes:

This brute came up and inhaled a drift rig. Pink corkie, PurpleHaze yarn, and the hook was tipped with sandshrimp (mostly because the shrimp flew OFF when I cast out). I did have a little bit of scent on the yarn. He just hammered it. I didn't really have a choice but to reel him in. :shock:

C
Cohosanders
Beauty!!!!!!!!

G
GDBrown
I'm depressed..... Hitting the river tomorrow!!!!

I just wish. Dr. says no fishing until the stiches come out.

GD

M
metalfisher76
Niiiiiice!

F
fishnquest
Very pretty fish. Nice job.

H
Hawk
autofisher said:
Awww gee. You guys are all so kind. :lol: Glo-bug.:rolleyes:

This brute came up and inhaled a drift rig. Pink corkie, PurpleHaze yarn, and the hook was tipped with sandshrimp (mostly because the shrimp flew OFF when I cast out). I did have a little bit of scent on the yarn. He just hammered it. I didn't really have a choice but to reel him in. :shock:

Bro, try wrapping a little sewing thread around the shrimp, stays on the hook better
:D

That is a reely Beautiful fish
Great Job..

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

F
fishnquest
You guys ever use that stretchy spider thread? That stuff works great.

A
autofisher
Magic thread. Yes sir, I use that all the time. The problem with the shrimp staying on, was the fact that the bush 3 feet behind me decided that it wanted my sandshrimp more than the fish did

F
fishingfreak
Way to go man! Thats a beautiful Fish!