Old Mill pond in Lebenon

F
FishSlayer420
Anyone ever fished the old pond at the east end of Lebanon? When i used to live there we caught some very nice Bass out there trolling broke beck Rapalas. I was just curious if anyone has been fishing this lately I have not been there in like 5 yrs but it used to be very very good.

T
TTFishon
I heard there's big bass in there. I've been wanting to give it a try. Where do you put a boat in at?

T
Thuggin4Life
My dads friend has been telling me I need to check that pond out.

B
Bass Ackwards
I was wondering about that pond. I saw it on the way to foster. It looked prime for bass. I am goin to check it out in the next week or two

O
OBP Turtle 33
Where is it at?

T
TTFishon
OBP Turtle 33 said:
Where is it at?

It's on your left when you're headed east on hwy 20 in Lebanon towards the end of town. You can't miss it.

B
Bumfish
Lebanon Mill Pond same as Cheadle Lake

Lebanon Mill Pond same as Cheadle Lake

These are one in the same. City of Lebanon has been improving this area extensivily. Concrete boat ramp with ample parking. Great walking/biking paths and LOTS of shore area to fish. Not affiliated with city but a fan of the new area. Check it out.

I will be out there on Saturday in my blue pontoon boat going for big bass.

F
FishSlayer420
When I was younger we used to fish this old rig that was stuck in the water out there and did pretty well out there evertime. My russian buddys grandparents would fill buckets with BlueGill and take em home and eat em i never ate one but hey they were still kickin last time i checked.

B
bass_master
The pond is called Cheadle Lake and I don't think there are many bass in there anymore. Last year it was completely drained for a short period of time... so I can't imagine many fish survived that. I did fish it once this year and saw no signs of life and I have walked the trails and I always see people fishing but never anyone with any action. I knew a guy who used to fish it a lot and he did get some nice bass but never hear of any anymore. If anyone has caught some let me know because I live in Lebanon and its easy access for me!

F
FishSlayer420
No way. are you serious why would they do that? crazy.

B
bass_master
FishSlayer420 said:
No way. are you serious why would they do that? crazy.

I don't know why they would do that. But I do know they are really fixing up the pond and making it a really nice park. My hope is they will start stocking it with trout... although I would much rather be catching some big ole monster bass out of it.

Bass Man
Bass Man
Bumfish said:
These are one in the same. City of Lebanon has been improving this area extensivily. Concrete boat ramp with ample parking. Great walking/biking paths and LOTS of shore area to fish. Not affiliated with city but a fan of the new area. Check it out.

I will be out there on Saturday in my blue pontoon boat going for big bass.

Just wondering what street to take to get to the parking lot?

B
bass_master
Bass Man said:
Just wondering what street to take to get to the parking lot?

Well a lot of people park in the muddy spot just by the new Wal Mart off Hwy 20 (Santiam Hwy, Main St... Whatever you want to call it) but the new nice gravel lot is off River Dr... this is where all the improvements have been made. Go on Hwy 20 toward Sweet Home take a left on Russel (the street Schucks Auto Supply Is On) and that becomes River Dr. Good luck out there... please let me know if you see any signs of fish!

Bass Man
Bass Man
Thank you

Thank you

bass_master said:
Well a lot of people park in the muddy spot just by the new Wal Mart off Hwy 20 (Santiam Hwy, Main St... Whatever you want to call it) but the new nice gravel lot is off River Dr... this is where all the improvements have been made. Go on Hwy 20 toward Sweet Home take a left on Russel (the street Schucks Auto Supply Is On) and that becomes River Dr. Good luck out there... please let me know if you see any signs of fish!

Bass_Master,

Thank you so much for the info and directions, I always just assumed this was an old mill pond on private land. I will post here with the results and send you a pm, have a wonderful day!

B
Bass Ackwards
Anybody fished here lately??

T
TTFishon
bass_master said:
The pond is called Cheadle Lake and I don't think there are many bass in there anymore. Last year it was completely drained for a short period of time... so I can't imagine many fish survived that. I did fish it once this year and saw no signs of life and I have walked the trails and I always see people fishing but never anyone with any action. I knew a guy who used to fish it a lot and he did get some nice bass but never hear of any anymore. If anyone has caught some let me know because I live in Lebanon and its easy access for me!

I was told that when they drained it they left enough water for the fish to survive.

F
Finneus Polebender
many fish it

many fish it

My boss was by there the other day said it looked real nice saw several rigs and people fishin .

B
Bass Ackwards
Thanx Guys. I drove by there yesterday and saw a boat out there on my way to foster. I would have stopped by but my sis was driving and wanted to get to the lake. Its a pain in the butt puttin my boat on top of my suv and tying it down and I dont want to go through all that if there aren't any fish there. I already did that yesterday except I'm sure there were fish there I just couldn't get a bite. Bummer

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
My boss was by there the other day said it looked real nice saw several rigs and people fishin .

I drove passed it six times last week and every time there were people there fishing. So it gets a fair amount of pressure.

Dccrandall69
Dccrandall69
bass_master said:
and my first time fishing in that Old Mill Pond was last summer I did pretty jacket 3 bass lost one pretty good sizers 4 and 5 1/2 founders there's still a lot of bassinet on trust me