Old McKenzie Pass

W
wrestlerstud32
so i was in the mckenzie area this past june and the pass was closed a few miles in. does anyone know when it opens up again? i know of a lake in there that supposedly has monster brown trout in it.
thanks

H
hendrixfan
Last I update I saw from ODOT said mid August.

G
gonefirefighting
wont be open, using the season for road work and logging

G
Griz
Must be talking about Linton Lake! Nice Lake......take a raft.:)

W
wrestlerstud32
haha! yup that would be the lake. that area of oregon is so beautiful and has some awesome fishing!

D
donjduck2
old hiway

old hiway

The old mckenzie pass is supposed to be closed until mid august for what it says on the trip check site.I followed a link to a website that talks about what the work is and what progress they are making and any updates on when they expect it to be done.
Figures it would be closed till late August,I have frineds coming out from the east coast and have never been to oregon and were wanting to see the old mckenzie pass,and lava fields.
I read that the pass may be open to bike/walk in to the observatory from the east.I'm keeping my fingers crossed that for once the state will finish the work ahead of schedule.

J
JeannaJigs
I thought it was closed this season because of slides that took out the road and heavy snowfall..buttt...might open in august, in time to close the first part of september again