Old friend found dead in the woods

T
TTFishon
I was just informed about a half an hour ago that someone I once considered to be a really good friend was found dead in the woods with her 2 dogs barking next to her. I haven't seen her in about 8 or 9 years but my memories of her are still with me. We really weren't friends anymore due to changes in life styles but I still wish for her soul to follow the comforts of whatever she felt was dear within her heart. Rest In Piece Dodie. I will always remember you.

M
mrlindeman
:( Im sorry for your loss. Prayers to her familly as well. Losing friends, even ol time ones is hard to deal with.

T
Thuggin4Life
Very sorry for your loss and the loss of her family and friends. was just reading about this in the paper this morning hoping things would work out better than this. Crazy because I thought of you when i read the story and turns out she was a friend. again very sorry.

F
FishFinger
Sorry

brandon4455
brandon4455
so sorry to hear about the loss :(

troutdude
troutdude
My heart goes out to you amigo. Really sorry for your loss.

Was Dodie the lady, that went mushroom hunting last Saturday? Peeps were looking for here, but didn't even know where to begin a search.

Friends, if you're going out somewhere in the woods alone...please, at a MINIMUM...let someone know where you are going and what time to expect your return. This sort of thing, can many times be prevented.

B
beaverfan
Sorry to hear it man.

G
GDBrown
Hearing of someones passing is always difficult. Friends are difficult to loose even when you haven't spoken in years. I lost a good friend a few years ago and I hadn't seen him since high school. He was a very close friend back then. Find peace in knowing that life is always better on the other side, of this I am sure.

GD

W
waco
so sorry to heard about this!!! thats sad when you lose a friend even when you haven't talk to them in years!!

B
boomstick
My most sincere condolences for your loss.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. What's weird is they found her less than a half mile from her van. She knew that area very well and I can't see her getting lost up there. Anyway, thanks again.

M
metalfisher76
Bummer, sorry bud.

B
bigsteel
:pray::pray::pray:

troutdude
troutdude
I saw it on the news this morning. Dodie was the one, that went mushroom hunting. A very sad loss, especially since she was so close to her vehicle.

One can only speculate, but I'd guess that she didn't get lost. Rather, she may have been disoriented by hypothermia.

Again TT, my deepest condolences.

H
Hawk
BRO, i'm mighty sorry you lost your friend. This is Terrible. It sounds like she may have made an error in judgement, out in the forest. It can be a dangerous place, if your not careful & alert.

I'm very sorry...

F
Finneus Polebender
Our deepest sympathy and condolences to you and anyone close to her sad deal bro!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I am very sorry to hear of your loss of a dear friend. As you know,it will never be easy to deal with. Keep the memory and the rest will soon become a memory.
Barb

T
TTFishon
Thanks again.

L
lilsalmon
Just watched this on the news....how sad. Sorry TT

T
TTFishon
Yep, what a crappy way to go.