Ok this stuff is great!!!

G
Grace2u
Hi Guys and gals this post is about a product that is hard for me to post....but I must tell ya all about it , now I don't know if it has been mentioned on here before, i tried a search and I cannot find if it has, so here goes, hang with me here, but I just had some great close friends that just got back from diamond lake they were down there for a approx a week and a half. and as we were chatting I ask him how the Mosquitoes were..and he told me that they were lousy but he said he tried something new this time that his wife had him try out and that is a product called SKIN SO SOFT by Avon , now I am not no way a Avon rep. so don't think that ..but my friend told me he used a lotion type product that you just rubbed on all parts of his exposed skin and the bugs didn't even get near him. He said it had a semi lotion smell but it didn't leave you with a oily skin feeling.
I ask my wife about it and she said "yes I have some" I guess the flight attendants that fly up to Alaska use it a lot
when they have time to go on hikes and what not in the spring and summer and I guess the ALASKAN Mosquitoes don't even get near them....I was up on the clackamas the other evening so i tried some and for the few bugs that were out nothing even came close to biting me.

Now maybe you gals can shed more light on this being this is a gals product, but I thought it was a good product for bug repellent not greasy, does have a mild aroma, not like a overbearing girly smell and best of all it is great for your skin. I have used all kind of deet like products and some bother my skin etc.

I talked to a fella down at Newport Last Sunday and he said his wife washes their clothes with this stuff before they head out on the Rogue and they bugs don't even land on their clothes. And it wasn't even made to be a bug repellent from what I hear...Now if all of you folks know about this then please excuse this post....I am a little behind things I guess

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
If one of your family members is covered in mosquitoes, toss them into water. Then you got yourself a fish attractent. :lol:

G
Grace2u
My wife got hers at the Clackamas town center store, in fact it will start going on sale tomarrow...Iwill now be carring it in both my pontoon boats.

These were taken off web sight that did different reviews on all kinds of products:

terrific for mosquito repellent, August 2, 2005
By woofwoof "woofie" (caribbean) - See all my reviews

I find skin so soft not only a great body oil,but, the best oil for mosquito repellent & living in the caribbean it is important. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
Skin So Soft top honors, November 14, 2006
By Earl B. Johnson "store owner" (Westfield, PA USA) - See all my reviews

SSS body conditioner from Avon is great skin softner in or out of the tub. Use it on your skin before going out to keep pesky mosquitos off you and your children. Smells nice. Use very little, so it lasts. Can put in spray bottle or order the one that sprays. Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Report this | Permalink
Comment

Last edited:
P
PDXKush
ALso folks it is called Skin so soft "Bug Guard". Peace

Last edited:
O
Oregonchris
It has been used in the South for years to keep gnats away.

K
kornphlake
I tried Skin So Soft over 15 years ago as a boy scout when we went on a back packing trip in the Sierra Nevads. The stuff was supposed to work great, but the skeeters didn't seem to mind at all, the only repellent that worked back then was anything with DEET. I can't say that the formula for Skin So Soft hasn't changed over the last 15 years, but if it hasn't I wouldn't waste my time trying to find it or my money trying to take it home. your results may vary...

G
Grace2u
Actually I can't answer that..I only know the little I have tried....what worked best for me at diamond lake years ago was eating garlic..with my dinner the night before I would fish..it wouldcome ut in your pors..and bugs would just fly around and not land....but pople would stay away also..what ha happen in the last 15 years I dont know.... Deet is good but I get real dry skin afer using it.

J
JeannaJigs
My ex wouldn't touch the stuff because it was a women's product, until he was eaten alive and then, only then, did he try it, but he always put it in an unlabeled travel bottle so the guys wouldn't see that it was avon lol. It has a weird aroma...but it works.

H
halibuthitman
Ive used it for around 20 years and it does seem like its area specific, in alaska I have used it fishing and hunting and it even works on the black flies, but have used it on lakes in n. Idaho and it was a complete failure. I have been told it color and electric current in our clothing that attracts most carnivourus bugs.... but ? my mom was an avon lady...... she swears by it

T
Troutier Bassier
HaHaHaHa.
Alaskan Mosquitos.

1aB
From webmd.com :
"Nevertheless, some still wish for an alternative mosquito repellent. At least since the 1970s, many have sworn by Avon's Skin-So-Soft bath oil as an alternative.

They believe there's some magic in the bath oil," says Andrew Pechko, a research and development manager at Avon. With apologies to the legions of devotees, there isn't.

The NEJM study shows that Skin-So-Soft worked as a mosquito repellent for an average of roughly 10 minutes, which hardly matched DEET products, or even soybean oil. In the study, a 2% soybean oil product called Bite Blocker for Kids protected against bites for an average of 94 minutes.

Avon does not market the original Skin-So-Soft oil as a mosquito repellent, but the company has come out with a formula containing IR3535, a new EPA-approved mosquito repellent."

We've all noticed that some folks attract or repel mosquitos naturally, perhaps this has something to do with the apparent effectiveness of S-S-S.