Ok I need some help!

Z
zarboth
ok so some pepole i know are going to buy some salmo rods forthhe upcoming seson. I need to know what two use and where to go they want to be able to acually walk on there backs they wouldent do that but go to a place where you could is that possibole?

F
FishFinger
I suggest you goto, Bi-mart, or Dicks get the proper tag and choose a nice medium action 8' salmon rod and a spinning reel with 12 lb test. If you just starting don't go expensive, it can take a long time to catch your first salmon, but sometimes you get lucky. If your lucky, buy better gear.

Walk on their backs, no, those days are no longer here. They come in massive numbers, move through and are gone. You have to be there when they are, that's the trick.

Good luck

Z
zarboth
what the hell i thought you could just use a wrom on a bobber and wait for the salmon to come soooooo could someone give me a day on the weekend where i could go andd see them?

B
beaverfan
To see the fish or people fishing for them?

Z
zarboth
lol the fish. i wish there was a day where me and the pepole could meet up with one of you guys somewhere

B
beaverfan
I'm sure you wouldn't have too hard of a time convincing someone here to go fishing! But seeing the fish in the water can be tricky at times. If you want to see the fish go up to Eagle Creek hatchery towards the end of October or beginning of November, there will be quite a few Coho up there.

Z
zarboth
alright and all of the fish will be realeased on augest first? from where like if the week after they where realesed where would i go on the coulumbia but i dont know what wo use lol or hook size

F
fishtales
I think that everyone who has posted here has been right on the money. I would also add that there several sporting good stores you can go to and just ask what is best. I encourage shopping around once you find what you want to go with.