Official 2019 Spring bear thread

SiletzTroutKiller

Drew the Alsea-Stott Mtn tag for the second time with no preference points. It’s typically a 1 point hunt so drawing with no points Isn’t that cool lol
I’ll be hitting the north Siletz area hard in May for a big bear. Anyone else draw a spring tag?

TheKnigit

Not me, but my brother drew the western Oregon tag. We will see if we can find a bear and a couple of turkeys. Time to start planning hunts for the fall!

SiletzTroutKiller

Good luck to you too man! My coworker on the boat saw a bear out moving around yesterday on the coast! They’ll be out in full force soon

SiletzTroutKiller

@TheKnigit you get your brother out there looking for a bear yet? I haven’t been out since the opener because the weathers been too rainy. Going out this afternoon though if the rain stops like its suppose to.

TheKnigit

We haven't made it out yet. This month is looking a little crazy with house projects and all of the rain. We are hoping to be able to make it out a little bit later in the month and see what we can find. Hope you make it out today, good luck!

SiletzTroutKiller

Weather was sunny when I parked at the gate and by the time I got to my glassing spot it was cloudy and sprinkling lol no bears spotted but there’s definitely a bear working the units I was glassing. I keep you updated!

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom