OFF hole again

B
bigdog
Ok so I have to say I do love this spot, but the fishing there is going to die down in about a month. (Just in time for some good coho hunting)

So got there in the morning and found myself there with a couple guys that I have fished with down there before, and found Kirkster down there as well.

Tried out the new bait caster and well I'm going to need some practice before I can plan on fishing with that set up for a day. Good thing is I brought one of the spinner rod sets with me.

Well about two half hours in to it fish on, this guy was spunky and put up a good fight, had to play him for a little for I'm running 6 pound leader now, but got him in. 26" of shiny fishie.

sat8-28001.jpg

So should be there again in the morning if anyone wants to join me. Good luck all.

D
dude young
Good work outta you! Wish I had ditch out on my responsibilities today and met up.

Maybe next time.

N
ninja2010
dang... nice job, man. there were, like, 15 of us down there yesterday, and we skunked... :lol:

keep it up, dude. i can't catch fish, but i could give you a hand with the baitcaster... been chucking those for 20 years. :D

F
Fishtopher
You better get away from that deadline!!LOL

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
You better get away from that deadline!!LOL

Oh no I was on the right side of the deadline thats just where the pic was took but it's ok Chris I'll save a fish or two in there for ya.

Would love the help with the caster lord knows I can use it.

Come out in the morning I should be there and you can get that rod back. Or we can meet up here in town so you can get it.

D
drifter
bigdog said:
Oh no I was on the right side of the deadline thats just where the pic was took but it's ok Chris I'll save a fish or two in there for ya.

Would love the help with the caster lord knows I can use it.

Come out in the morning I should be there and you can get that rod back. Or we can meet up here in town so you can get it.

nice one dog!!

M
mgdguy
Bigdog you are schooling all of us that were there yesterday! :shock:

Good job :clap: :clap:

F
Fishtopher
good luck up there dog, Ill be fishing down low, trying to snipe some early movers around Cross Park. Only if it rains at a good clip tonight...which I truely hope it does. Would be nice to break out the raingear thats probably all crusty and stiff from winter time....and some higher/dirtier water so I can toss these #4 Slayers I got burning a hole in my tackle box....

J
jlayman0270
Pardon my ignorance gentlemen, but whaere is this place? :confused:

F
Fishtopher
Just east of Estacada, below Faraday Dam.

S
starion87le
jlayman0270 said:
Pardon my ignorance gentlemen, but whaere is this place? :confused:

Faraday Dam Oregon - Google Maps

Here ya go! It's just outside of Estacada. Look for the westside Hydro Poject sign on 224 and park outside of the gates, follow the fence around to the right and follow the trail down!:dance:

H
HANKIII
Do you think they will be moving around cross park ? Ive fished there before,that is a nice place

N
ninja2010
to quote osmo... "fish don't teleport" so yeah, they do have to move through the entire river. whether they're there when you are is another question. and whether they're interested in what you have to offer is yet another question.

i love cross park too... so much closer and so much access.

R
Redfox458
Ok Bigdog, what kind of spinner were you using?? Apparently it was one I didn't have.....:mad:

A
Anyfishisfine
Nice fish! You and Drifter have this hole pegged.

B
bigdog
Redfox458 said:
Ok Bigdog, what kind of spinner were you using?? Apparently it was one I didn't have.....:mad:

No spinners in that hole all you'll get is some little trout on spinners, I have only seen one nice size fish landed on a spinner in there. Pinkish red cork and black yarn drifting off the bottom. As far as spinners go though anything I might throw I made. I don't buy premade spinners any more.

Telling you have to make them mad and this one got mad at me hit it good and hard.

Chris I'll tell you what bro if it rains good call me so we can hook up in the morning.

F
Fishtopher
Gotcha!

B
bigdog
F
Fishtopher
Raining at a pretty good clip here...just had to roll up windows on all four of my cars!! Kids are in scramble mode trying get all the dolls,blankets, and video games outta the front yard!! Hope it keeps up at least till morning!

B
bigdog
Fishtopher said:
Raining at a pretty good clip here...just had to roll up windows on all four of my cars!! Kids are in scramble mode trying get all the dolls,blankets, and video games outta the front yard!! Hope it keeps up at least till morning!

Well so much for that hope, it is almost midnight now we just got back from the concert and it didn't rain at all the whole time. Kind of a good thing seeings how we were outside the whole time. Not good for the fish though but none the less they are still moving up the clack some, just not in real large numbers.