OFF fundraising

Troutski
Troutski
BrandonBeach said:
You need help buying a PC?

Seriously?

No, thank you. My funds earmarked for charities are destined for people with needs far more dire than yours I’m sure.

Good luck in your quest.

BB
Well that was so rude, I do have the power to kick your ass off this site. I will check with the other MODs and we will decide your fate.
I know we are not allowed to belittle or swear at members, all that being said- PhuckYou

Chuck

Reactions: troutdude and SparkyofSoCal
Troutski
Troutski
I will support OFF and our administrator as always...

Chuck

hobster
hobster
Geez man you guys are really laying into @BrandonBeach. He was just stating his mind and I really don’t think what he said was that offensive. I think it would be absolutely ridiculous to ban him from the forum for that, last time I checked this was a free country right? Am I next to be banned since I was the only other person on this thread that was doubtful?
I think calling someone an ass and phuck you is more offensive then what he posted.

Reactions: Dean and CastingCall
D
Davpot
hobster said:
Geez man you guys are really laying into @BrandonBeach. He was just stating his mind and I really don’t think what he said was that offensive. I think it would be absolutely ridiculous to ban him from the forum for that, last time I checked this was a free country right? Am I next to be banned since I was the only other person on this thread that was doubtful?
I think calling someone an ass and phuck you is more offensive then what he posted.
Perhaps you could come up with a reasonable support scheme and present it to the Group?

hobster
hobster
Support scheme?

Troutski
Troutski
hobster said:
There you go this is not a free site, the administrator sets the rules not you or anyone else. If you are so offended I fish is looking for a new members.

Chuck

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
hobster
hobster
Troutski said:
There you go this is not a free site, the administrator sets the rules not you or anyone else. If you are so offended I fish is looking for a new members.

Chuck
Relax man. I believe it was Admin that said freedom of speech dude. I never claimed to set any rules, and have no desire to. I’m cool with the mods here and always have been. Believe me, it takes a lot more than that to offend me, just stating my opinion.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
my advice is for everyone to just relax and get back to fishing. or crabbing. or digging clams. or all 3.

Reactions: LazyBrewer, Admin, Markk and 1 other person
Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Interesting thread. I won't be donating any money. When I first joined it was a great reprieve from the other online fishing sites. I've met some great friends here who I fish with regularly. Differing opinions about the site were frowned upon leading to temporary suspensions and being banned. I voiced my opinion on a matter and Anatoliy you said "you do you and I'll do me". Well I've been doing me elsewhere. If you are tone deaf to your audience then people will leave and your site and it will fail. As is being witnessed with OFF. Shout to Eric and Tony on this thread, great trip we had to Detroit lake. You reap what you sow Anatoliy. As I said I won't be donating.

Reactions: hobster
S
SparkyofSoCal
hobster said:

It appears to me other people are also expressing their mind. Rude and abusive, maybe but what that's their opinions.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Troutski said:
Well that was so rude, I do have the power to kick your ass off this site. I will check with the other MODs and we will decide your fate.
I know we are not allowed to belittle or swear at members, all that being said- PhuckYou

Chuck
Well that was rude....

Reactions: Dean
Admin
Admin
Well, gofundme, as well as paypal, work with Ukraine one way only. We are welcome to send money, but we are not allowed to receive it. 🤷‍♂️

D
Dean
Admin said:
You mean "People are dying... How dare you!"? 🤭

View attachment 627948
I was actually in until you made fun of a teenage girl with autism. That's a major turnoff for me.

Admin
Admin
Dean said:
you made fun of a teenage girl with autism
Have you ever heard of the Rorschach test?

D
Dean
Admin said:
Have you ever heard of the Rorschach test?
Indeed I have. What is the relevance of it?

Admin
Admin
Dean said:
Indeed I have. What is the relevance of it?
subjects' perceptions

D
Dean
Admin said:
subjects' perceptions
But this isn't my perception. I was reacting directly to a comment you made wherein you made fun of a teenage girl with autism (Greta Thunberg, to be specific). I didn't appreciate the comment you were replying to either but a grown man on the internet making fun of teenage girls who are on the spectrum doesn't sit well with me. Good luck with fundraising for your new laptop.

Admin
Admin
Dean said:
you made wherein you made fun of a teenage girl with autism (Greta Thunberg, to be specific).

I made fun of the behavior of a grown man.
But I have nothing against you seeing things the way you see them.

Reactions: NKlamerus
A
Alan
Wow! This thread really got derailed! I love this site, it has been both educational and helpful. I do not donate to many charities simply because so few pennies on the dollar actually go to the subjects in need……. I always donate to veterans, a true sacrifice for our freedom. Internet cowboys do have the right of freedom of speech but it leaves the readers with a opinion of the poster.

now to my question can you set up a go fund me with a trusted member of OFF? Have that person forward the funds to you? I would be happy to donate a few bucks to keep this site going.

Alan

Reactions: troutdude, Admin, shiverfix and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Dean said:
But this isn't my perception. I was reacting directly to a comment you made wherein you made fun of a teenage girl with autism (Greta Thunberg, to be specific). I didn't appreciate the comment you were replying to either but a grown man on the internet making fun of teenage girls who are on the spectrum doesn't sit well with me. Good luck with fundraising for your new laptop.
She's an activist with an agenda. If she didn't want to be criticized she could have stayed home. My guess is you care more about her agenda than her autism.

Interesting you're still here enjoying the benefit of this free resource in spite of being triggered by an attempt at humor.

• Haha
Reactions: NKlamerus, SparkyofSoCal, troutdude and 1 other person