OFF Fishing Derby Reservations

F
FishFinger
Ok folks the time is here to get a site reserved @ Detroit lake state park.

Aug 14th, 15th, & 16th.

These sites are the only ones that can be reserved, the balance of the campsites around the lake are first come first served.

Reservations can be made through the Oregon State parks dept

Sites are being snatched up quickly, act early to secure a site.

As the time draws near and no state park sites remain we can work out a strat to secure these FCFS site on the eve of the derby.

I have reserved camp Fish Finger on site B-8.

I also secured site B-7 to either hold in reserve or offer up as location to set up an offical "OFF" workshop site for members to meet, greet, and swap their wares and techniques.

Ok friends and neighbors, lets make this something so special we'll be compelled to do it annually.

Looking forward to seeing you there, at the weigh in table......

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
FishFinger said:
Ok folks the time is here to get a site reserved @ Detroit lake state park.

Aug 14th, 15th, & 16th.

These sites are the only ones that can be reserved, the balance of the campsites around the lake are first come first served.

Reservations can be made through the Oregon State parks dept

Oregon State Parks and Recreation: Rates

Sites are being snatched up quickly, act early to secure a site.

As the time draws near and no state park sites remain we can work out a strat to secure these FCFS site on the eve of the derby.

I have reserved camp Fish Finger on site B-8.

I also secured site B-7 to either hold in reserve or offer up as location to set up an offical "OFF" workshop site for members to meet, greet, and swap their wares and techniques.

Ok friends and neighbors, lets make this something so special we'll be compelled to do it annually.

Looking forward to seeing you there, at the weigh in table......

I might actually be able to go because there is no school in the summer! What if there are no more reservations available or something? It is very early and I don't know if Im busy or not. I dont see a place to reserve a campsite on the website you posted, do you have to call to reserve?

F
FishFinger
Don't fret little buddy. If the state park sites fill up there are several others around the lake which are 1st come 1st serve. With a guarantee that folks will show, those of us who arrive early can begin claiming those sites in mass.

For now the word is reserve early.. we'll work the other options out later.

F
FishSchooler
FishFinger said:
Don't fret little buddy. If the state park sites fill up there are several others around the lake which are 1st come 1st serve. With a guarantee that folks will show, those of us who arrive early can begin claiming those sites in mass.

For now the word is reserve early.. we'll work the other options out later.

Do they have a cancellation policy? Do you get a refund if you say no lets say, 3 or so weeks early?

F
FishFinger
No you don't get at refund if you cancel, however It's like $22 dollars to reserve a site and another $48 when you arrive. That's for 4 days. 2 or 3 days would be less.

If you reserved a site and couldn't make it I'm sure A fellow Offer would buy the site rather than have to stress over getting one last minute.

Tell you dad you'll do extra chores for the next 7 months and pay him back...

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
FishFinger said:
No you don't get at refund if you cancel, however It's like $22 dollars to reserve a site and another $48 when you arrive. That's for 4 days. 2 or 3 days would be less.

If you reserved a site and couldn't make it I'm sure A fellow Offer would buy the site rather than have to stress over getting one last minute.

Tell you dad you'll do extra chores for the next 7 months and pay him back...

Hmm... I already have enough in my wallet for this because I wasn't allowed to buy a fly rod. :cool::rolleyes: That would be good if I couldnt go and sold the site to someone else.
A long time ago, we found a little park that just required you to drop 5 dollars for each night that you stay in there. I forgot where that was...

L
lowjack
those $5 days are over.... like Cleator and Humbug.... too bad really...

I couldn't get a site..... :( anyone got room for me? If I bring my install van I can sleep in it but I have tents also. might have my boat done by then so i guess i can sleep on it. :dance:

F
FishFinger
First come first served site

First come first served site

The state campgrounds are all booked up for that weekend, however there are plenty of FCFS sites off blowout road (across the hwy from the Pacific Pride @ Idania) If your able to slip away on Thurs the 13th you should have no troubles picking up a site for the balance of the weekend.

Hope to see you there.