OFF color water not for long!

GaryP1958

Been fishing the local River this week had 2 good strikes Wed in OFF color water and today the water is better 16 inch visibilty no fish yet but there are some hogs at the gate, saw a couple 20lb fish!

Attachments

DrTheopolis

I assume you're talking about the fabled "Oregon 20#ers"?

At the hatchery, no less.

One of these days, I'll tell you about the 200# Chinook I caught.

hobster

I assume you're talking about the fabled "Oregon 20#ers"?

At the hatchery, no less.

One of these days, I'll tell you about the 200# Chinook I caught.
You crack me up Dr. They can be found............maybe not likely in this river but down in the Umpqua and elsewhere.

DrTheopolis

Maybe the Good Dr needs to get off his keester and fish a bit!

You could not be any more correct, Sir.

I've seen 20# fish before (and maybe all of one hit the bank), just not at a hatchery intake.

Many years ago, my buddy landed one on a coastal stream that I marked OFF on my rod while it was being released. He was 42", no girth measurement. But he was quite freaking huge. Have seen some big ones since, but nothing like that.

GaryP1958

Dr thats not a hatchery and Hobster go look under the bridge yes several 20 lb fish thats all I am saying! I will not disclose the location but the Hobster knows! The Chetco kicks em out every year and the new broodstock program well hats off to the Roger!

jamisonace

Most Featured
I love fishing that little stretch between the bridge and the trap. This time of year can be crazy good!

In my dreams of course but it's hard to not stand on that bridge and imagine drifting a jig through that slot on the right.

I've seen some big fish in there but nothing pushing 20. 13 or 14 maybe.

Been fishing the local River this week had 2 good strikes Wed in OFF color water and today the water is better 16 inch visibilty no fish yet but there are some hogs at the gate, saw a couple 20lb fish!

hobster

I got a 17 lb hatch hen out of that river in 2013, won the chrome dome challenge[ 36.5" x 20"ATTACH=CONFIG]35647[/ATTACH]
That is a pig! Never seen one that big pulled out up there, i gotten a couple of 14 lb ers one pushing 15.

rogerdodger

Most Featured
That's definitely the Tualatin. All the smart kids are fishing the Tualatin this weekend.
you guessed it, Tualatin is correct. :thumb:

and on a serious note, water levels are dropping a bit faster than expected...this next week looking good at many locations...

Last edited:

GaryP1958

By the way 3 fish where caught in my spot before I got there on the Tualatin but I had one good strike but anyway nice day on a Portland stream and did find a 15 foot hole close to the road! The water is looking very nice and next trip is south or along the tracks in the back 40!:hi: