ODFW warm water fishing maps

C
cookshot
I was looking at the ODFW warm water fishing map for central Oregon and want to hit some of the ponds along I-84 on my way back to La Grande, but I'm not sure where they are. The map is pretty vague and I can't find the names on Google maps. I was specifically looking at the first 4-- The Bonneville pool, I-84 ponds (3), Taylor lake, and The Dalles pool (Lake celilo). If anyone has fished them, or can at least tell me exactly where they are, I would appreciate it. Also, are all of the bodies of water on the south side of I-84 good to fish? Or do they have fish in them? Some of them look fishy.

T
Troutier Bassier
Most of the 1-84 ponds are little lakes that are choked with spawning carp right now. The only 2 I know are Benson Lake and Hartman Pond, There located by Multnomah falls. They have trout, bass, bluegill, crappie, and carp and...... thats as far as Im gonna go.

T
the_intimidator03
cookshot said:
I was looking at the ODFW warm water fishing map for central Oregon and want to hit some of the ponds along I-84 on my way back to La Grande, but I'm not sure where they are. The map is pretty vague and I can't find the names on Google maps. I was specifically looking at the first 4-- The Bonneville pool, I-84 ponds (3), Taylor lake, and The Dalles pool (Lake celilo). If anyone has fished them, or can at least tell me exactly where they are, I would appreciate it. Also, are all of the bodies of water on the south side of I-84 good to fish? Or do they have fish in them? Some of them look fishy.

the two highlighted in bold are going to be the columbia river above the respective dam...

troutdude
troutdude
FYI...

it may NOT be legal to use 2 rods (if you had that in mind). It would be a good idea to check the reg's, if you planned to use 2 rods.

C
cookshot
Thanks for the info so far! I think I'll give them a try tomorrow, let you guys know if I do any good. No I wasn't planning on using two rods, I'm too cheap to buy the license. Why would it be illegal though?

T
the_intimidator03
basically on the 2 rod license you need to purchase the 17 dollar permit to allow you to use two rods. the entire columbia river is not open for the two rod license use. a lot of lakes and reservoirs are OK'ed for use with 2 rod license.

troutdude
troutdude
the_intimidator03 said:
basically on the 2 rod license you need to purchase the 17 dollar permit to allow you to use two rods. the entire columbia river is not open for the two rod license use. a lot of lakes and reservoirs are OK'ed for use with 2 rod license.

Don't know why, but it is ODFW reg's. The Columbia and Snake ponds/lakes are listed as "OFF" limits!

T
the_intimidator03
because they have fish ladders and are still pretty much flowing in a sense :p they are not land locked

R
Ritchie
m i wana do carp fishing which lake do u recomd? does that require a tag