ODFW telephone stocking & confirmation line

troutdude
troutdude
For all of the peeps that keep asking if this or that place has been stocked...here is the number to call and find out for yourselves:

971-673-6000. Press "2" for a stocking schedule for that week. Press "2" once more, and you will hear a recording of the most recent places that are confirmed as actually being stocked.

Now, that you have the number...USE IT.

P.S. All of this information and MORE, is available online at:

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

Last edited by a moderator:
M
Michael
Awesome dude.

Thank you!!

(saved to my phone on speed dial #9)

troutdude
troutdude
Glad to help.

It's been on my speed dial for a few years now! ;-)

K
Kestrel
If you call and press "0" somebody will answer during business hours and they seemed more than happy to answer questions...

troutdude
troutdude
Yup. I've had the same response when pressing "0". Odd for a government agency, eh? (But, it was really NICE!)

K
Kestrel
troutdude said:
Yup. I've had the same response when pressing "0". Odd for a government agency, eh? (But, it was really NICE!)

An anachronism, to be sure: Can't think of any other agency, government or most any otherwise, that answers the phone and is then polite and helpful...

I'm curious about the history of the ODFW and expecially the trout stocking programs in the state. From what I have read, many mountain lakes didn't have fish until the stocking program started. It would be interesting to learn more about the ODFW, who runs it, how many fish they stock, when this all started, etc. Need to do some reading. First, have to clean the 5 rainbows caught this morning!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey...go clean those fish. Sheesh. You've gotta have your priorities man! LOL

Yeah, that history would be neat to read. Please let me know what you find. Maybe there's a book?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Bump...bump...bumpity...bump! ;)

B
bigboy70
The season is coming! Bump!!