ODFW sturgeon update

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/headlines...-ban-both-states-reopen-columbia-sturgeon-cr/

Northwest fishery managers say that some streams and stocks affected by summer’s unusually hot, low flows will reopen for fishing tomorrow, Sept. 1.
ODFW announced that the afternoon fishing ban on most flowing waters would be lifted and that the lower Willamette and Clackamas Rivers would reopen, and it and WDFW said that the sturgeon angling closure in the Columbia Basin would be rescinded as well.
“Our biologists in the field are reporting that water temperatures in most places are back to within the seasonal averages for this time of year,” said ODFW’S Mike Gauvin, who manages recreational fisheries, in a press release.
“The extreme conditions that was subjecting sturgeon to stress have passed,” WDFW’s Guy Norman in Vancouver said. “We believe it’s safe to reopen fishing in areas of the river closed since mid-July.”
Earlier this month, a drought update estimated that 180 dead sturgeon had been found, mostly around Tri-Cities but some down and below McNary Dam.
A number of Washington rivers and creeks remain closed or off-limits to afternoon fishing, but WDFW is considering rescinding those as well, Northwest Sportsman understands.

bass
bass
There is nothing on ODFW site about sturgeon ban being lifted. Don't trust secondary sources. If it is not on the ODFW site it is not real.

B
BaldTexan
Yep. Heard some of that on the news but I'll wait until I see the updates on ODFW's web site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Big3d
Front and center on ODFW homepage.

bass
bass
Oops my bad. I went to the Willamette regs page and did not see it.

B
Big3d
Its likely that they did their updates around 10 a.m.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
;)