ODFW sportfishing regs

T
terrypen
Does anyone else find these regs to be confusing? Or is it just me?

• This area will close to salmon, steelhead, and shad effective 12:01 AM Saturday April 9, 2016.
  • Effective March 1, 2016 - April 8, 2016, this section of the Columbia River is open to retention of hatchery Chinook, hatchery steelhead, and shad except closed to salmon and steelhead angling on Tuesday March 29 and Tuesday April 5.

So, what else is in the Columbia? I've never seen anyone catch anything in the Columbia except those listed above.
Does anyone fish for other species? Or should I just switch to local streams and lakes? If so, where is a good place?

I'm in the Rainier, OR area.

Terry

B
Big3d
Warmwater fishing and sturgeon fishing are both good c&r opportunities on the columbia, there is also walleye fishing happening. I don't know much more about that.

T
terrypen
Big3d said:
Warmwater fishing and sturgeon fishing are both good c&r opportunities on the columbia, there is also walleye fishing happening. I don't know much more about that.
Are there many walleye up near Rainier/Prescott beach area? I'm bank fishing too! I've never fished for Walleye, what do you use? I was also looking at Trojan Pond, as they are stocking it this next week.

B
Big3d
I have absolutely no idea how or what for walleye but I thing the are mostly up above the dam. Hopefully someone will be able to tell you more.

Artwo
Artwo
Lots of walleye below the dam. Camas/Washougal shelf area is a good area. Standard worm harness trolling rig works fine..............

F
Fishpdx
terrypen said:
Are there many walleye up near Rainier/Prescott beach area? I'm bank fishing too! I've never fished for Walleye, what do you use? I was also looking at Trojan Pond, as they are stocking it this next week.

Never fished columbia in oregon for walleye but in washington up in spokane area I fished that part for walleye and used bladebaits or white grubs tipped with worm from bank, Also fished moses lake and banks lake , the key is to look for deep rocky structure, I fished near dams, Find deep rocky water, but not fast moving water, look for places where water is calmer, look where the current brings all the debris thats where the walleye stay and wait for the current to bring them some food. Fish really slow, slow movement and fish early morning or late evening. I heard of people catching walleye here but none of them want to give out their locations. Although I caught a walleye in rooster rock park while fishing for bass but it was a small 6 inch walleye caught on a plug.