ODFW admits they are "statistically Challenged"

K
Kodiak
Good News! ODFW admits thier numbers are off on the fall chinook run this year and that "2300 predicted is low" and "actual escapment may be significantly higher" on the Siletz and other costal rivers. I am so fed up it is redicoulous. they have adjusted the regs...Again. So make sure you read them before you go out. I sincerly hope every time you nail a costal Fall Chinook this year you call ODFW and let them know, and ask them to put the limits back to normal...I know I have and will continue to do so.

C
CNeal
I know odfw is pretty lame. I think we can all agree on that. But can we just clean up the "retarded" talk? I'm not trying to ruffle feathers or anything, it's just that I teach high school special education. And really, the kids I reach are amazing, and I bet if the school would allow me I could yeah them all about chinook and coho and steelhead runs and what not and they could do as good of a job, if not better, than odfw. But let's just not call dumb people retarded.

B
beaverfan
Your right, from here on out I will refer to ODFW as "statistically challenged".

K
Kodiak
beaverfan said:
Your right, from here on out I will refer to ODFW as "statistically challenged".

Thank you...I just new that was gonna offend somebody.

C
CNeal
Not offended. Just wanted to make sure we were using the accurate term. I like "statistically challenged".

R
Razz
Is this the ODF&W S W district bio. R Stoff ? His quote in Gold Beach((( Oregon salmon are in good shape))) it's Californian salmon that are in trouble.Had a buddy send me the quote.

R
rainman
CNeal said:
Not offended. Just wanted to make sure we were using the accurate term. I like "statistically challenged".

A rose by any other name is still a rose. :lol:

K
koboabe
:lol:
rainman said:
A rose by any other name is still a rose. :lol:

J
jlayman0270
CNeal said:
But let's just not call dumb people retarded.

I just feel the need to jump in here. I'll ruffle feathers I'm sure, but here goes.

Dumb people are people who can't talk. Is dumb an offensive word too? Maybe to those who are dumb, or those who love them. Or is it just a negative use of the word as an adjective? There are several connotations of words in the english language. While I see your point, I also have mine. Maybe if we realize the spirit of the language in which the word was used, rather than its literal translation it wouldn't be seen as offensive. In the same thread I could have a dog-in-heat, and call it a b!tch and no-one but a 3rd grader takes offense. But if I called my wife one, LOOK OUT!

Again, you have your point, and bless you for what you do with and for the people you help...you are a special person in my eyes (Uh-oh did I call you special? ANOTHER EXAMPLE).

Being PC offends me. Lets chill out on all that and just quit looking for ways to parade around with our personal beefs. We've all got one and we could be here all day.

Be free to use words. They're just words.

A
A_J-Llama
actually, people who can't speak are "mute";)

N
ninja2010
is that why we have a mute button on remotes, rather than a dumb button? :lol::lol::dance:

B
bigdog
ninja2010 said:
is that why we have a mute button on remotes, rather than a dumb button? :lol::lol::dance:

:lol::lol:

K
Kodiak
Seriously....
I post a thread about better than expected returns and it turns into a PC debate...I mean really?..can't we just have some fun and relax while poking fun at authority figures, blownup boats, and the like without going all Is*** about evrything?...I'm grabbing another beer..anybody else want one?

M
metalmania
Kodiak said:
...I'm grabbing another beer..anybody else want one?

I'll take 8:D.

J
Jacks Tackle
May any one with such passive thoughts never find a loved one in pain from such words or careless thoughts!

I know people who may be reading this that do not have the luxeries that we take for granted.

Sponsoring/moderating should require a certain level of professionalism. Just my two cents. I thought this was a friendly forum for everyone! Challenged people as well?

I would have thought a simple sorry was in order not defense.

K
Kodiak
metalmania said:
I'll take 8:D.

I'd give you this one but...here you can have it...your half was on the bottom anyway...I'll get another one:lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Morons all

Morons all

Well,speaking strictly as a member and not as a "Super Moderator",in my opinion they're mostly a bunch of morons! :doh: It's a good thing for them that tarring and feathering them and then running them out of town on rough hewn pole is against the law these days,otherwise they would all be black as tar and sore as all heck! :protest::whistle: Not to mention,out of our hair. :lol::lol::tongue:

K
Kodiak
I like the way you think...LOL! The day is a comming I'm sure.

A
autofisher
And God said "Let there be Light".......

And God said "Let there be Light".......

................and my mom flipped the switch. I can't believe you even know the rough hewn pole part.

No matter which "colorful" adjective you choose to describe the antics of the ODFW. I think we can all agree how distasteful and almost disgraceful that thier acts can be. Kodiak, you can keep your beer. I think I'm gonna hit the water up by you in a couple of days, I'll take it then.

K
Kodiak
autofisher said:
................and my mom flipped the switch. I can't believe you even know the rough hewn pole part.

No matter which "colorful" adjective you choose to describe the antics of the ODFW. I think we can all agree how distasteful and almost disgraceful that thier acts can be. Kodiak, you can keep your beer. I think I'm gonna hit the water up by you in a couple of days, I'll take it then.

Sweet ..Ill catch you then brother!