Odds for this weekend...??

E
eggs
What do you think the odds of harriet being open Sunday... Stocked and clear boat ramp???anyone been up that way?? The wife is getting the trout itch.. something about actually getting and keeping fish with the boat..

E
everett464
The ODFW stocking schedule says 4000 legals, and 25 pounders were set to be put in yesterday, but I wouldn't know about the roads.

E
eggs
Yea schedule says that but if they can't drive that big ass truck up there no stocking.. and just so you know the stocking schedule always lists mondays and the lakes are actually stocked sometime during that week so don't bank on it actually happening the day listed..

E
everett464
Thats good to know (the Monday thing).

M
Markcanby
I would say there is good 90% chance of stocking. PGE drives that road to check the pipeline so they keep the road clear.

O
OnTheFly
If you drag the cursor onto Harriet lake from Google Earth you'll notice from the elevation reading that the lake is not that high in elevation. Well under 2000'. Therefore snow is not an issue there. If you've had the hankering to fish Harriet then just go and fish it. Now that it is beginning to get stocked, you'll start to catch more rainbows than browns. My experience is that Harriet doesn't start getting good until the end of May and the absolute arm wrecking, frenzy trout biting time to fish it is during the first two weeks of June.

E
eggs
Agreed.. just that storn 2 weeks ago dumped 4 feet at around 2000 feet... and the road in goes up to around 2500... I want to put the boat in too... I will call the ranger station and find out today

E
eggs
harriet is clear to get to, and odfw stocked it yeasterday..

Last edited:
M
mgman6000
Harriet 4/22 23

Harriet 4/22 23

Went up the 22 nd and 23rd and did well off shore caught a limit thurs and my oldest son got a 18" steelhead, the next day went up with my son and grandson and caught and released over 10 and my 5 year old grandson caught a nice 19" 2 lb rainbow then fell in the lake and we had to leave.

M
mgdguy
mgman6000 said:
Went up the 22 nd and 23rd and did well off shore caught a limit thurs and my oldest son got a 18" steelhead, the next day went up with my son and grandson and caught and released over 10 and my 5 year old grandson caught a nice 19" 2 lb rainbow then fell in the lake and we had to leave.

Nice trout!!! :clap: