Oct. 31st!!! What fishing closes????

X
xltom
OK Guys,
I haven't mastered the ODFW literature yet(there's so much!) but I do remember reading somewhere that some fishing closes on the 31st(today). Can anyone tell me what's open and what's off limits until the spring?

I posted here for lack of a general willamette zone category....

W
womanwhofishes
yep got to willy zone (ODFW) and read up catch and release..

T
Thuggin4Life
Basically all the rivers and streams close and most of the lakes stay open but you still have to check the regs. Here's a list of places you can still fish close to town. Alton baker pellet head slough, blue river res, carmen res, clear lake, Cottage grove res, cougar res, dexter res, dorenna res, bellow fall creek dam catch and release, fall creek res, hills creek, leaburg canal catch and realease, little fall creek catch and release, long tom catch and release, lookout res,mckenzie below hayden catch and release, mckenzie up from hayden is catch and release jan.1-april24 otherwise open, row river catch and release, trail bridge res, willamette through town up to exter dam catch and release, winberry creek catch and release. Hope this helps out there are more but i just listed places close to you and some really aren't that close.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good deed

Good deed

Thuggin4Life said:
Basically all the rivers and streams close and most of the lakes stay open but you still have to check the regs. Here's a list of places you can still fish close to town. Alton baker pellet head slough, blue river res, carmen res, clear lake, Cottage grove res, cougar res, dexter res, dorenna res, bellow fall creek dam catch and release, fall creek res, hills creek, leaburg canal catch and realease, little fall creek catch and release, long tom catch and release, lookout res,mckenzie below hayden catch and release, mckenzie up from hayden is catch and release jan.1-april24 otherwise open, row river catch and release, trail bridge res, willamette through town up to exter dam catch and release, winberry creek catch and release. Hope this helps out there are more but i just listed places close to you and some really aren't that close.

:clap::clap::clap:
Way to help out. Gotta love that spirit of "Sharing & Caring" attitude!

J
JeeperGal
So as I understand it if a stream or lake is closed you can still fish for trout but can't keep any?

I get so confused by regulations :rolleyes:

Irishrover
Irishrover
JeeperGal said:
So as I understand it if a stream or lake is closed you can still fish for trout but can't keep any?

I get so confused by regulations :rolleyes:

No that's not how it works. If the body of water is closed it means NO fishing. Take Laurance Lake for example (on the north side of Mt Hood) Open April 25th to October 31. After October 31 if you fish up there and get caught you would get busted.

Crooked River open all year but bait is allowed from May 23 to October 31. If you use bait after October 31...you get busted.

You really need to read the regulation for the piece of water you intend to fish.
A good example of a some what confusing regulation (if you don't read it all) is the Metolius.

Metolius.."Open all year". Well not quite if you read futher you see it is "Closed in the mainstream upstream from Allingham Bridge and also in Spring Creek Jan 1 to May 23 and Nov 1 to Dec 31.

So it a mater of finding the piece of water checking the regs and if in doubt call ODFW and or OSP game division. Hope that helps;)

J
joesnuffy
Always check to "Special Regulations" for each body of water. If it doesn't say anything about the dates your fishing, ro list the water that you are wanting to fish, it falls under the "General Regulations" for the Area.

Be really careful. An "I didn't know" doens't count when your getting a ticket for fishing incorrectly.

R
radiation
Here it is out of the book

Here it is out of the book

Hayden Bridge upstream to Forest
Glen boat ramp near Blue River
including Leaburg Lake

Open April 25-Dec. 31, 5 adipose fin-clipped trout per day, no minimum length.
• Use of bait allowed April 25-Dec. 31.
I have been steelhead fishing and catching some nice 14" planters.

But remember:
Closed within:
1. The Leaburg powerhouse tailrace.
2. 200 feet downstream of Leaburg Dam to 200 feet upstream of Leaburg Dam.

I hope this helps!

X
xltom
Radiation, could you be more specific about the spot your talking about...have'nt caught a steelhead yet....that would be great....PM me of course if you want to keep your spot low key.. I know where Hayden br. road is.....and the lake of course...are you talking about the McKenzie river?

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah its just the regs for the mckenzie river from hayden bridge on hayden bridge road that goes over the river down the road form you all the way up river at the boat ramp somewhere near blue river.

R
radiation
oops

oops

Sorry, I thought somewhere in the beginning of this thread someone asked about McKenzie. I've been trying to catch my first steelhead up there, but am only succeeding at catching fat pellet heads.:(

Troutski
Troutski
McSteel...

McSteel...

radiation said:
Sorry, I thought somewhere in the beginning of this thread someone asked about McKenzie. I've been trying to catch my first steelhead up there, but am only succeeding at catching fat pellet heads.:(

Try Bellingers Boat ramp or right there at 42nd street across from Wayco...in fact today would be a perfect day to capture some Steel. Small to medium spinners...

Chuck

R
rainbowfisherman
Does anyone know if the north santiam is open for trout still?

R
rainbowfisherman
I found it and yes its closed