Ochoco is on fire!

troutdude
troutdude
I just spoke with a client, who has just returned from a fishing trip to the Ochoco Reservoir. And, he reports limiting out on 'bows!

That's all I know for now. But, I'll be meeting with him on Monday. If I get any more details, I will add to this thread.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Please let us know all you can. I'm going to be working in Bend for the first two weeks in April and could easily make it over there. Would a float tube work or does it require a boat?
troutdude said:
I just spoke with a client, who has just returned from a fishing trip to the Ochoco Reservoir. And, he reports limiting out on 'bows!

That's all I know for now. But, I'll be meeting with him on Monday. If I get any more details, I will add to this thread.

troutdude
troutdude
Sorry, I don't know. I've never been there. I was only reporting what my client said. And, he cancelled our appointment for Monday.

I'll let you know if he reschedules and tells me more.

kirkster
kirkster
Ochoco gets pretty windy at times. Afloat tube might get pretty hairy at times. But if you go to the dam walk down the gravel road to the water power bait limited us out four days in a row memorial weekend super nice fish good luck

V
Vectorpete
Hey, any recent reports on this place? Looking for a place where we can catch trout, bass, catfish, crappie, and more and still get away from people a little. Is Ochoco the place? Any suggestions on crappie tackle? Bye the way, do not go to the Fall unless you have mosquito repellant!

C
cookshot
Ochoco will not get you away from people. There is also not a huge population of bass. I caught some nice trout earlier this year trolling. There are catfish but not a ton I dont think. There are a lot of crappie though. Try Prineville res though, it has all those in big numbers and size, it wont get you away from people necessarily either. Btw what is "the fall?"

V
Vectorpete
The Fall River

B
bigfootfish
troutdude said:

Whew! TD, when I saw the title of this post, I thought there was a forest fire at Ochoco:shock:! So glad there isn't...:pray::dance::yay:

Last edited:
kirkster
kirkster
crappie in prinville for sure

crappie in prinville for sure

If your familiar with prinville res. The bear creek arm is full of crappie. Jigs under a float has worked great in the past. It can be accessed by boat or can be driven right to.

J
joesnuffy
With all the Thunderstorms that have been rolling though lately I thought this thread might be headed a different direction.

C
cookshot
It has been a stormy couple days for sure. I think it scared the fish away, got skunked today :(