Ocean conditions

Irishrover
Irishrover
"S wind 20 to 30 kt. Occasional gusts to 35 kt mainly closer to shore. Combined seas 13 ft dominant period 13 seconds. Rain in the evening. Isolated tstms. Showers after midnight"......Small craft advisory in effect...............guess who is not out halibut fishing! But razor clamming has been darn good the last two days. It was windy and lots of rain today, that doesn't seem to bother the clams though. I'll have to see what the weather is like for next week, the black lable herring will just have to stay in the freezer for a while longer.

S
seekanddestory
For sure the seas are not being nice

M
mikeredding
I opted to stay home today and Friday. May go out of Newport on Saturday but will decide tomorrow night.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Looks like more ruff conditions. Small craft advisory for us folks up north here today and Saturday doesn't look good either.

M
mikeredding
Yeah it's such a bummer. I have been so pumped up for Halibut season.
I bet you are going stir crazy with that new boat stuck in her slip.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yes I am......I want to try out that new gear like the radar and hds. I've spent a ton of time on the boat reading and figuring the new sytem out. I've been rigging up a bunch of halibut rigs too. I set up my harpon with a new float and line. I even wire brushed and painted my gaff hook. I just need the seas to lie down. I can't wait to hit the salt in that new boat. The cabin will sure be nice.

M
mikeredding
You will LOVE the hard top cabin. I ended up cancelling my new one on order due to losing my job. Maybe next year. Until then I will run the hell out of the 20 that I have.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Sorry to hear about the job loss. Hope you are able to pick something up soon.

M
mikeredding
Thanks. Not to bad really. Leaves me lots of time to fish. Conditions are looking to be pretty good after the weekend. Going to be hard to get through two weeks of wait time for the central coast all depth halibut to be open again.