ocean bounty 2

C
cope
here is a nice bounty caught between 4 rods on suday 14 perch,4 sea trout,2 flounder and 1 cabezon

one flounder was 6lbs 25 inches and the cabezon was 22 inches 4 pounds.
all caught on sand shrimp.
check out my first ocean bounty post to hear the crazy story about the flounder caught twice

367285036.jpg

Reactions: chris61182
C
chris61182
Nice haul! And I enjoyed the story about hooking the big one twice.

C
cope
the cabezon has a good story too my sisters bf who was using his trout ugly stick rod with 4lbs test thought he was snaged he was reefin on it movin all around and reeling it in a tiny bit at a time than all of a sudden i seen a big mouth surface i said WOW hold on its a cabezon he goes WHAT i thought i was snaged so i got as close as i could to the water and wrestled it in.

i can't belive it stayed on after he was rippen on it tryin to snap the line

F
Fish Fight
Nice haul of fish. :clap:

J
juggernaut506
Awesome day of fishing! Where'd you go? I've been fishing on the ocean hundreds of times and never actually tried for perch. I think I should try it out.

C
cope
it was out on barview jetty pretty far out.right now it seems like the perch are a endless supply and they fight really good too. me and my bro went out again wed and came back with 12 perch in just a couple hours the bite was on so hard we started throwing them back and only keepin the big ones.

T
Troutier Bassier
Dont Cabezon grow to like 60 Lbs?

C
cope
i dont think they get that big i know they get to 40 inches

T
Troutier Bassier
.....Close enough.

F
fishndad
cabezon only get to about 25 lbs i do believe!

C
chris61182
fishndad said:

... and they fight just as hard as a fish about 2x that size, so I can definitely get where the 40lb idea comes from!

F
fishndad
chris61182 said:
... and they fight just as hard as a fish about 2x that size, so I can definitely get where the 40lb idea comes from!

lol very true!

F
fishndad
fishndad said:

oh and its head is what weighs the most lol