Oarlocks

Y

yakker2

do oarlocks shafts and sleeves only come in 5/8 and 1/2 ? is there a 3/4? my walker bay dinghy appears to have 3/4 sleeves and I don't see anything that size online.

D

DirectDrive

do oarlocks shafts and sleeves only come in 5/8 and 1/2 ? is there a 3/4? my walker bay dinghy appears to have 3/4 sleeves and I don't see anything that size online.
You mean bushing.
I just checked my DB and it measures a strong 5/8"....that would be "industry standard" for a large rowboat.
These bushings are made of high-density plastic. Maybe you are looking at the rough opening and the bushing is not installed ??

These bushings are replaceable....get the correct size bushing or you will hate rowing that boat. A whitewater supply co. such as Andy + Bax should have them. They can also be made up....UHMW machines well.

Last edited:
Y

yakker2

this is what I have on my boat.I ordered oars and need oar locks.the ID is 3/4 inch.walker bay sites for parts is down.

D

DirectDrive

this is what I have on my boat.I ordered oars and need oar locks.the ID is 3/4 inch.walker bay sites for parts is down.
It's keyed.
There has to be bushings available for it.
Check with the manufacturer of the piece.

Mine are not keyed. They are pressed into a bore.
Keyless would still work as long as the OD is correct.

You have the bore and need the bushing.

They will look like this with the shoulder. For that setup a 1/2'" oarlock shank would be fine.
Verify the OD and ID first.
Sea Dog 582059 NYLON OARLOCK SOCKET BUSHINGS FOR 582054 Ships Store Torresen

Here's another example:
Duckworks Boatbuilders Supply

Last edited:
Y

yakker2

west marine might have what I'm looking for.going to call them tomorrow.walker bay is in yakima wa. they make plastic fruit totes and bins.I think they make some of the plastic dinghy parts which you can only get from them or authorized dealers.

Y

yakker2

west marine got me what I needed.wb8 oarlocks and sleeves are in big demand in portland area right now.needed to get them from back east.be here next week.maybe they will arrive the same time as my oars.

Y

yakker2

:clap: all set to row and troll

Troutski

Troutski

Cool...

Cool...

This is exactly why this site was developed, one person helping another with no side agenda...very cool. Thanks to both of you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chuck

D

DirectDrive

Awesome.
On Cape Cod there some some great freshwater trout lakes. We used to row-troll a Muddler Minnow fly, flat-lined, with spinning gear.
It would make a pulsating wake and the trout loved it, especially at dusk.
Another favorite was the tiny Flatfish (I forget the size) in what is now called Michael Jackson coloration (black w/silver flake).
Also flat-lined...(no lead).
Good luck.

Last edited:
Y

yakker2

I have heard wonderful stories about rowing for trout. I want to have some of my own to tell.thanks to everyone for all the willingness to help and share.

Top Bottom