Oakridge to Springfield Steelhead suggestions needed.

troutdude
troutdude
I will be in Oakridge this Thursday afternoon, for a couple of hours. Can anyone please recommend a good area maybe along the Mac, or parts of the Willy for steelhead? I'll be floating jigs and / or worms n' corkies.

I'm not asking for your secret spots; just a place where I might stand a chance to latch into a steelie or two.

Many thanks.

N
nwkiller
well to get into any steelies in oakridge would be alittle trickey, dont get me wrong there is some nice fish in the upper willy but no "true" steelhead. the dam at dexter will be your closest bet on the willy, but the mac has some really nice water with plenty of fish at the leaburg dam....good luck

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you NWK.

I'm not sure that I want to fish at Dexter...unless it is no longer a combat zone.

Perhaps I'll give Leaburg a go.

R
rippin fish lips
i would go to leaburg and fish that area. depending on how early u leave, maybe check the willy out on the way, give it a few casts and if its too crowded move on to the mac. lots of spots on the mac!! greenwood is a good spot.

T
Thuggin4Life
I would start below dexter and work you way down river hitting anywhere you can find access to the river all they way into town at least to I5. west d st boat ramp has some good water below and above the ramp. one nice hole right above the bridge. Then i would jump over to the mac and fish anywhere you can fish all the way from town up to leaburg and maybe even farther up. good luck!

N
nwkiller
good plan thuggin, that would be a hell of an H2O day! and plenty o' fish

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah it could take some time.

R
rippin fish lips
thuggins got it all said! i would do that if u have the time.

N
nwkiller
sounds like we got this one on lock......you better take pictures TD lol