Rivers Oak Grove Fork Clackamas River Fishing Reports

U
Ultramepps
Cutthroat mostly caught on prince nymph's. Beautiful!

• uploadfromtaptalk1436402956997.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436402974261.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436402990537.jpg
troutdude
troutdude
BEAUTIES!

What part of Oak Grove...above Harriet?

U
Ultramepps
Stretch between Harriet and Timothy on 57. The biggest one was about 12 inches. And was caught in very small, tight water. I was hanging over a tree in pocket water. Many in fast moving wide pockets/ riffles. Water is pretty cold. Just wore my boots no waders.

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you. I was up there 10 days ago, camping at Harriet. I did a LOT of research, before heading up there. Only ONE source, listed cutties (well IN Harriet) anyway. Quite a surprise that, they were in faster water. That's not their usual hang out--least not in the valley or coastal streams where I go.

Well done, and thanks for the report.

bass
bass
Wow those are pretty fish! Thanks for posting the report.

S
sapo
Great report, nice fish! Prince nymphs are one of my go-to flies in small streams. Oak Grove Fork is a nice stream. I have heard multiple people talk about the "meadow stretch" above Timothy (Orvis employee, fly fishing blog)..Does anyone actually know whether this exists?? I went up there to check out this so called "spectacular meadow fork stretch" and all I got was a barbed-wire fenced in swamp which could be called a meadow from afar, and a tiny creek with no fish..

U
Ultramepps
I believe one mile past Timothy, is Warm springs reservation. Permit required.

Top Bottom