O F F cleanup float ?

C
cobias
I dont know how many people on here have driftboats and can float the lower mckenzie or willamette but....I think it would be a cool idea to do a "cleanup" float this sept on the mckenzie or the willamette. We make it a competition to see who can get the most garbage took off the bank and bagged up in there boat. If we could get roughly 10 boats and 30 people and everyone pay like $15-$20. $10 each would go to the winners pot ( to whoever gets the most garbage in their boat ) and the rest would go to a picnick dinner or pizza somewhere after the garbage weigh in. And the people with boats dont have to be an O F F member. Guides would be welcome and it would be good advertisement for them to sponser and participate. I have time and i could organize it.It would be a blast! Anyone interested ?

T
Thuggin4Life
Not in the money part but i wouldfloat down in someones open seat and help out and maybe pitch in for pizza.

C
cwsmith
agreed i think its a great idea to do just as a public service and then just gather for a pizza or potluck or something that afternoon or evening. good idea!

M
mosd
i would donate myself and boat in the cleanup but my boat is kindof a big noise maker, but do have 4 seats available

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
I am in for the cleanup and pizza, but funds are limited so for me I could not compete. Hope that the event works out......Fred

F
Finneus Polebender
mosd said:
i would donate myself and boat in the cleanup but my boat is kindof a big noise maker, but do have 4 seats available

will hold more stuff I am down have been wanting to get in on a clean up project!

C
cobias
Ok...so

Ok...so

If you OWN a driftboat or know somebody that owns one and can float the lower Mckenzie from Leaburg dam to deerhorn bridge post that...im 1 so, when were up to at least 10 were on. I do think checking all boats before they go in and doing a little competition for a prize would be cool. Im broke as heck too but i look at the money as like an expense for a fishing trip...maybe $10 will do. I will look for sponsors. Some of the buisness' up there might like to get a little promotion before the slow season starts...If we get 10 boats ill find sponsors. My mom owns a hair shop in town and she might sponsor some....I would like to get a $300 pot. That would be $100 for each person in a driftboat. I know its not about the money but that gives incentive to get it done. If people dont want to have a competition raising money for a pizza feed at maybe ikes or a burger feed at Vida cafe' would be very easy. LETS DO THIS ! So if you have a confirmed driftboat and rower post it and send me a PM of who and a contact #.

C
cobias
mosd said:
Is it a jet sled ? The mack is pretty low .

jamisonace
jamisonace
September will be difficult for me as I gone 3 of the 4 weekends and I'm not sure which one I'll be home. But...if it happens when I'm here I'm in. I have a drift boat I can bring. I'd recommend launching at different ramps and meeting up at a designated area afterwards.

C
cobias
sept 3

sept 3

If i dont have 10 boats by sept 3 ill scrap it....

M
mosd
cobias said:
Is it a jet sled ? The mack is pretty low .

oh from leaburg to deerhorn, ya i dont even try to go upbove hayden bridge anymore... scrap that for me then

C
cobias
Gona can it. Not enough responses. Maybe next year.

jamisonace
jamisonace
sorry man. Turns out I'm booked every weekend this month. On the 11th, we're doing a big clean up at Ruff Memorial park. Other than that we're fishing, fishing and fishing each weekend....all out of town.