Nymph swap

F

FishFinger

With the ever increasing number of fly fishermen joining the forum, I thought I'd test the water and see if there is an interest in holding a Nymph swap.
If so, sound "OFF", and we'll get a swap under way.

A

ArcticAmoeba

I'm down. I just found an old tying vise for cheap, so I'll break out the old materials, and tie up some small nymphs for Summers. It is one of the few patterns that I can actually be really proud of...Anyone else who joins, you're lucky, some other patterns I've tried tying might just look like nasty puff bugs!

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Ok count me in on this one and since I've not been involved in a swap how does it go.

A

ArcticAmoeba

Once it is determined how many people are going to participate, we will tie flies for each person involved, and mail them to FishFinger, the swap organizer. And in return you will recieve a bug/s from each of the other participants. Really simple to operate, and pretty fun to boot.

F

FishFinger

Ok count me in on this one and since I've not been involved in a swap how does it go.

Rover make sure you tell your wife ..... We are swapping BUGS.

After the "Swinging room on the weekend" ordeal better to be safe than sorry..

otherwise it's as AA defined it. Once all the participants are in I'll PM each with my address. Went you submit them make sure to include the postage for the return delivery.. Not that I'm errr...... Cheap, rather that's the format we've been using for our swaps..

We'll give it a week or two for folks to join and and then set up a shipping date.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
:lol: Ok I'll clue her in :lol: Then I'll tell her how much that new skagit spey line that I bought cost. Early valentines day gift, better than flowers.

F

fishhunter28

hells yeah

hells yeah

hey fishfinger as we were talking about I am def in on this one just let me know how many to tie up. I have so much dubbing I need to get rid of some count me in also is any one planing on going to the fly tying expo in albany?

F

FishFinger

Thus far we have......

1) ArcticAmoeba
2) Irishrover
3) Fishhunter
4) FishFinger
5) Joesnuffy
6) GraphiteZen
7) Rocky Maley

Last edited:
J

joesnuffy

well you might as well add me to the list, I'm not an avid nymph tier, more into tieing drys, but i'll give it a shot.

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Very Cool!

Very Cool!

Very cool! :clap: So much talent and time put into these little things. Maybe it's not too late for a grandma to learn. How tough is it on your hands? It just looks fun and interesting. Thanks for sharing. Be safe.
Barb

R

redhawk50

I might be interested but would need a time frame because I am way to busy right now. Any idea on a timeline?

R

Rocky Maley

I will get in on this here is a nymph i tied today J/K

Rocky

F

FishFinger

I might be interested but would need a time frame because I am way to busy right now. Any idea on a timeline?

We'll close the nymph call on Sunday 3-1-09, allow the first 3 weeks of March for the tying portion and the final week for shipment.

All partisipants in by 3/1
Flies completed by 3/21
Shipping by 3/28

And I'll return the sets by the 1st week of April

R

redhawk50

OK, unfortunately count me out. March is report cards and conferences and finals for the masters classes I am taking. Way to busy to tie. Have fun all!

F

FishFinger

OK, unfortunately count me out. March is report cards and conferences and finals for the masters classes I am taking. Way to busy to tie. Have fun all!

No worries, thanks for your interest. Hopefully we'll have more in the future. Emergent, dries, and streamers we'll get something going in a few more months.

J

joesnuffy

ok, i just bought some nymph materials this morning.....now i gotta figure out how to use them.......lol

A

ArcticAmoeba

I don't tie nymphs either. I am mostly a dry bug wrapper when I do decide to tie up my own. But I have been practicin a little bit. Not as hard as I thought it would be for sure. You guys might actuallt get some really nice fur from me! Haha.

J

joesnuffy

how about i throw together a "do it yourself" kit.

Kit comes with :
Hook
dubbing
nymph skin
String
Instruction manual

LOL

M

Mike123

Very nice flies GraphiteZen!!! :clap: