NW zone question?

V

VagrantAngler

So I have gone through all the regs and emergency regs I can find on the Salmon River. My question is: Can I legally retain non-Clipped Chinook? Not trying to start a morality battle just a simple yes or no will suffice. Thank you in advance.
Brian

I

imfishing

S

Shadelady

you can keep one- i aske the fisha nd game counting person yesterday. no wild coho tho

M

Mike123

Greetings Sir.

Kevin here...

Try to make contact here:

Lincoln County Sheriff
Lincoln County Sheriff's Office, Newport, Oregon: The Law Enforcement Agency of Choice

W Olive St
Newport, OR 97365
(541) 265-4277

Ask the Sheriff your question.

Please post what he says, if you wouldn't mind.

I might be going up there this weekend and that intel might help me out of a jam also.

Thanks - Appreciate it.

Does the Sheriff really do game questions? I thought you should be calling ODFW or OSP.

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Thank you! I'm assuming it's probably a1/day 5/year thing than.

It's 1 non-clipped chinook/day, 5/year, 2 chinook/day, one must be clipped, all coho must be clipped....biologist said the main body of the run is 1 to 2 weeks away still.

kirkster

kirkster

I have no idea. And it's gettin dark fast.
Does the Sheriff really do game questions? I thought you should be calling ODFW or OSP.

Hey mike123,
Your thoughts are right asking the sherriff does no good as far as fish and game laws. OSP is the only enforcement. However you do see the sherriff boats on the rivers and lakes but there just patroling the boat traffic. I think thats why a lot of people think this.

V

VagrantAngler

It's 1 non-clipped chinook/day, 5/year, 2 chinook/day, one must be clipped, all coho must be clipped....biologist said the main body of the run is 1 to 2 weeks away still.

Yeah Kodiak, but I'm going out tomorrow! Maybe I can pick up a early one or two.