Numba 20!

T

tnffishman

I went out today actually afraid that I would find a lot of fish and only be able to keep one because I had already tagged 19 on the year. Well I realized soon I would have trouble just finding the one:lol: after losing a real fresh fish on my first cast of the day, I decided to go up high on the Eagle. Found spooky dark fish instantly, and lost a few more. So I went farther down, and farther down... and farther down. So I went farther than I ever have and found a few and lost a nice hen:rolleyes: Few holes down I found about 15 more and finally landed one! A nice hen, and salmon/steel #20 on the tag for the year:dance: Even though I ended up going 1 for 7 on the day at least I can get that new harvest card:)

100_1933.jpg
lol my dad's holdin up the 20 sign with his fingers.

Most of the fish I saw are veeerry dark and even gettin scarred up. I was lucky to hook probably one of the best outta that group of 15.

T

tnffishman

what hooks do you use? don't say "owner"...

No, that's what I use for my drift setups and don't have that problem ever. I like to use Teeny brand hooks for the flys but it has been hard finding them in my preferred size anywhere so I have to use daichii hooks(VERY EXPENSIVE) and they seem to go dull very quick. Not worth using them unless you carry a sharpener and use it all the time like I had to today

C

civicfun

I went out today actually afraid that I would find a lot of fish and only be able to keep one because I had already tagged 19 on the year. Well I realized soon I would have trouble just finding the one:lol: after losing a real fresh fish on my first cast of the day, I decided to go up high on the Eagle. Found spooky dark fish instantly, and lost a few more. So I went farther down, and farther down... and farther down. So I went farther than I ever have and found a few and lost a nice hen:rolleyes: Few holes down I found about 15 more and finally landed one! A nice hen, and salmon/steel #20 on the tag for the year:dance: Even though I ended up going 1 for 7 on the day at least I can get that new harvest card:)

100_1933.jpg
lol my dad's holdin up the 20 sign with his fingers.

Most of the fish I saw are veeerry dark and even gettin scarred up. I was lucky to hook probably one of the best outta that group of 15.

nice was that eagle on the clack or bonnie

F

fishingfreak

you know it, but man I can't believe I lost that many I need to start using different hooks

I had the Same problem! Lost 3 and landed one! I had to go low too! Hopefully the rain coming this weekend will help out. Congrats on the #20.

FF

C

Coho Kid

I can't believe how bad some of the hooks out there are. For cheap I'll go with VMC, but I try and stick to Owner needle points so I can resharpen for drifting.

N

ninja2010

No, that's what I use for my drift setups and don't have that problem ever. I like to use Teeny brand hooks for the flys but it has been hard finding them in my preferred size anywhere so I have to use daichii hooks(VERY EXPENSIVE) and they seem to go dull very quick. Not worth using them unless you carry a sharpener and use it all the time like I had to today

phewwww... whata relief, coz i tie my nymphs on owners... daiichis are prolly best for swinging wets, not tumbling through rocky river beds.

T

tnffishman

phewwww... whata relief, coz i tie my nymphs on owners... daiichis are prolly best for swinging wets, not tumbling through rocky river beds.

Yeah I think I am gonna start using owners for my nymphs

T

Thuggin4Life

Way to go on the card and th fish. Seems like you guys in ptown have a never ending run of some kinda of searun fish in the rivers year round.

F

fisch

You can buy a hatchery card(or 10) before you fill out your 20 fish card. It helps when you try to preserve some spots for wild URB and coastal nooks. Good job on getting 20 fish this year.

N

nwkiller

nice job on the fill, plus we still got some good months ahead, nice job and fish

T

tnffishman

You can buy a hatchery card(or 10) before you fill out your 20 fish card. It helps when you try to preserve some spots for wild URB and coastal nooks. Good job on getting 20 fish this year.

wow, I didn't know that. I've never caught a URB and rarely fish for fall nooks, but I guess I will get one before 20 next year. Thanks

M

meluvtrout

Happy Harvest Card toooo yooouuu! Happy Harvest Card dear mighty boooooy! Happy harvest Card tooooo yoooooouuuu!!!
-insert applause here- :p

B

bigfootfish

I think we are seeing the beginning of what will become a world-class fisherman. tnffishman! You have a god-given talent for being an angler. A born fisherman. I will enjoy watching your posts for a long time.

BFF

M

metalfisher76

Nice job dude! It`s always fun fillin a tag. Congrats bud!!

C

ChezJfrey

I think we are seeing the beginning of what will become a world-class fisherman. tnffishman! You have a god-given talent for being an angler. A born fisherman. I will enjoy watching your posts for a long time.

BFF

Yeah, both tnffishman and colbypearson are both skilled young anglers.

Top Bottom