Lakes Noti Creek Reservoir Fishing Reports

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Late start, on the water about 430pm with 5 of us, all in kayaks.

It's the old mill pond that is still on mill property, it is open to the public again, just call security and give them your vehicle info.

I caught 9 fish, lost 2. Water is a stained brown, lake itself is pretty shallow.

Key bait was a senko, hit the bank and let it roll on.

Buddy caught about a 3 pounder, my biggest of 9 was maybe 2.5

As a group i think we caught 14?

A lot of the fish had these small black dots on them? Look like frog eggs to me, or is it a parasite?

20200527_174530.jpg 20200527_170227.jpg 20200527_171433.jpg 20200527_182337.jpg 20200527_191815.jpg 20200527_192429.jpg 20200527_192438.jpg 20200527_193741.jpg 20200527_194438.jpg 20200527_195206.jpg

Reactions: troutdude
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Looks like a green pumpkin bass!

20200527_182339.jpg

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Got to the lake about 4pm and was super excited to throw some new swimbaits I got from Tacklewarehouse

Launched the yak and noticed it was swaying more than usual. Turns out I had forgot to plug the back 2 scuppers! My rear compartment had about 4" of water and about 2 gallons had seeped into the hull....I made my way for shore and started bailing, I keep a 99 cent water gun (syringe style) in the bilge for just these occasions. About 15 minutes later and we were back on the water

Third cast with the new swimbait, and bam! Smoked it.

Fished the whole lake with a senko and the swimbait, caught 5 on a senko and 2 off the swimbait the whole afternoon. Off the water at 8

Lake itself is clearer than usual but still tannic/tea colored, lots of arrowhead pad.

20200602_163126.jpg 20200602_162334.jpg 20200602_171837.jpg 20200602_173150.jpg 20200602_175909.jpg 20200602_192708.jpg 20200602_194506.jpg 20200601_133503.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Admin and Raincatcher
fromthelogo
fromthelogo
That is a realistic looking and sized swimbait. I don't see catching many dinks with that. Thanks for the report.

bass
bass
Great job! I love that picture of the big swimbait hanging from that bass' mouth.

How fast do those swimbaits sink?

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
bass said:
Great job! I love that picture of the big swimbait hanging from that bass' mouth.

How fast do those swimbaits sink?
Thanks! Im definitely going to pickup a nylon net, trebles on this thing are a MESS when I catch a fish lol

This one in particular is 0-2', very slow sink, or there's an extra line tie below the bottom lip to add a dropshot weight

It's technically a glider, with the right twitch it will turn 180 or even a full 360 directly away from you

Should have picked up this color too.....

jackall-gantarel-rt-spawn-gill_3088x.jpg

bass
bass
Thanks for the info! I would recommend a net with PVC netting. That is the thicker rubbery netting. Great for not grabbing hooks.The clearer ones are lighter and what I use.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
bass said:
Thanks for the info! I would recommend a net with PVC netting. That is the thicker rubbery netting. Great for not grabbing hooks.The clearer ones are lighter and what I use.
Not sure why I said nylon lol, I was thinking rubber but I suppose it is actually PVC!!

I have a nylon one now, it's alright for half the baits a I throw but trout really do somst damage! Always tangled and it smells after a trip

bass
bass
If you look at my trout fishing youtube videos (pdxfisher1) you can see the net material I am talking about. I really like the clearish, rubbery netting that has no fiber in it at all. I used to have a coated one but that would still catch the hooks a few times a day. The net you have looks like the coated type. Those are better than plain cord but not as good as the PVC netting in my opinion.

Here is one I bought a few years back: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HSSUR9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The hoop was pretty flimsy so I moved the netting to a different frame. It is nice but a little small. I bought a bigger net (with the same kind of netting) when they were on sale last fall at Cabela's. I really love that net. It is the one in my more recent videos.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
bass said:
If you look at my trout fishing youtube videos (pdxfisher1) you can see the net material I am talking about. I really like the clearish, rubbery netting that has no fiber in it at all. I used to have a coated one but that would still catch the hooks a few times a day. The net you have looks like the coated type. Those are better than plain cord but not as good as the PVC netting in my opinion.

Here is one I bought a few years back: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HSSUR9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The hoop was pretty flimsy so I moved the netting to a different frame. It is nice but a little small. I bought a bigger net (with the same kind of netting) when they were on sale last fall at Cabela's. I really love that net. It is the one in my more recent videos.
Just ordered a new one, looks very similar to the net on your Amazon link but it folds. I don't use a net for probably half the fish, but definitely worth having around.

Reviews seem good and it was cheap!

Screenshot_20200609-204221_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Got on the water about 630/7 this morning, there was 5 of us on kayaks in one group and no one else fishing the lake.

Rainy clouds were moving through and it was about 52 degrees

Bite was definitely slower than usual, every fish I caught I never felt them hit!

Fish had moved offshore and were tight to structure, knew they would be as the rain chilled the water and it was dirtier than usual.

All of my fish came off a senko, but I did throw a frog, 2 big swimbaits, and a chatterbait here and there.

Probably my 4th or 5th trip out there and I usually average 8-10 fish but they are all 1-3lbs, not today!

Biggest of the day was 5lbs 1oz, wasn't a long fish but was really chunky! Huge mouth on it to, reminds me of Florida strain Largemouth. (Larger mouth, slender bodies, and they don't "hibernate")

Was hanging out on a submerged brush pile in a deeper end of the lake, never really fought until I got it next to the kayak of course

I ended the day with 11? maybe 12 fish, as a group we caught about 22 overall.

Second best was probably 2lbs didn't take a lot of photos as the rain was on and off and I didn't want to stop casting

One of the kayakers in the group lost a decent one while he was weighing it with a scale, If anyone catches a largemouth with an aluminum scale still on its lip, let me know!

20200614_082040.jpg 20200614_082440.jpg image0000001.jpg 20200614_082917.jpg

Reactions: Admin
bass
bass
Nice toad! That thing has a huge mouth - even for its size. Looks like a gorgeous day out on the water. Thanks for posting!

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Little late on the report, been a crazy week

Rough day on the water, it's about a 45 minute drive for me, and as I pulled into the lot i realized I had forgotten my kayak cart. Luckily the trash truck guys were there and let me in the gate to unload, so I only had to carry the yak out

For those who haven't been there, there's a gate you have to haul under/over to get to a decent launching spot, other than that it's probably a 50 yard walk past the gate and around a corner

Fish were on summer patterns, each patch of weeds had a fish buried in it, lots of frog hits but only one connection. Other fish came on a senko fishing it very slowly, biggest of the day was maybe 2.5#, weeds in the lake are taking over, getting harder and harder to throw any trebles

It was hot for sure, I spent time fishing the shade even though the fish weren't there, it was at least more comfortable

Saw 4 or 5 dead fish, I know one of them died with a weight scale clipped to their mouth, not sure about the rest though.

20200625_191003.jpg 20200625_185617.jpg 20200625_183929.jpg 20200625_182025.jpg 20200625_174736.jpg

Reactions: troutdude, Aervax, Markk and 1 other person
troutdude
troutdude
You keep fishing places that I've not heard of before. Would you happen to know if that place holds any crappie?

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
troutdude said:
You keep fishing places that I've not heard of before. Would you happen to know if that place holds any crappie?
I think a lot of them are the same places but different names lol, this is the same pond on Vaughn road in Noti, across from the half abandoned mill

I don't believe there are crappie out here, only place I've hooked up with one was Ford's pond in Sutherlin, it ate a rattletrap while I was bass fishing

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks man. I may try it anyway. I've been Jonesin' for some slabs lately. And it does feed into the Long Tom, which flows into Fern Ridge. So maybe.........

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
troutdude said:
Thanks man. I may try it anyway. I've been Jonesin' for some slabs lately. And it does feed into the Long Tom, which flows into Fern Ridge. So maybe.........
Water flow is the other direction I believe? The lake itself has a creek flowing into it on the east side, and out of it on the west side, unless it turns around somewhere?

From the east, to the west?

I'm still adapting to above/below with water flow instead of above/below according to north/south

troutdude
troutdude
Doesn't really matter. They can swim out of Fern Ridge Reservoir, up the Long Tom River, and then into the creek (which, incidentally, would also be upstream). Around here creeks typically flow into rivers and then into, and through, reservoirs. All in a downstream flow. Then into the Willamette; and finally winding up in the Big C.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Went again today from about 2pm to 5pm, caught 8 total with 3 decent fish. Bass were eating dragonflies and I had some older hand poured flies from Florida, they don't float well but they do look pretty realistic.

Reactions: Aervax, troutdude and Admin
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Couple more photos, I caught one at the bank but no photo, phone was still in the truck.

Reactions: Admin
Top Bottom