Not sure

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Even though I like salmon fishing and new to steelhead,I still love Bass fishing! But my problem is knowing when and where? So I need to know when do most bass start getting on their beds and what lakes should I be fishing? I live in Mapleton but don't mind driving 50-60 miles for some large or small mouth bass. I have 20 years Bass fishing experience but most of it was back in Michigan,so need to learn the west coast bass and their habits and what they like. So if anyone can give me some advise on it I would appreciate it.
plus I' am always looking for a new fishing/hunting buddy. :)

T
Tacomasteelheader
march is about the earliest i start for largemouth around here but ive lost interest in bass fishing because steelhead and salmon are my thing now, but ive caught them as early as February and some hogs towards the end of march depending on the water level as for small mouth i dont really know to much about there habits besides i catch them in dorena lake and the umpqua.....best largemouth lakes closest to you , fall creek,dorena,coastal lakes? thats the best i got lol

G
grampa ron
Man I wish I had your problems. Your in a great location. There are a lot of lakes up and down 101. They all have good Bass fishing, not to mention Trout, Salmon and Steelhead. As anywhere else, the Bass are going to be hard to get in the winter.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Iv already been out bass fishing twice this year, havent stuck any but have had bites. It wont get good until march-april though. The coast lakes should be pretty good bet for bass fishing. 10 mile fishes pretty early I think. The Umpqua River has an awesome smallie fishery in the summer months.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Thanks for the info,now its time to start working on getting all my baits in order