Not sure where to go.

L
Lovefishing
I'm new at Steelhead fishing and would love to try and catch one.... does anyone have advise on where I can go. I live in west linn.

A
adambomb
This late in the summer there seems to a lot of fish in the upper clackamas.

F
Fishtopher
Right now the Columbia is super hot if you can get out on a boat, and theres some hot spots on the bank near the dam. If you have a Washington lic, you can fish the lower Cowlitz, its on its way to hot. Of course the Clack has fish in it, scattered, but still fishy. And I heard the upper Sandy is good fishing now.

H
HANKIII
Where abouts on the upper sandy ?:think:

F
Fishtopher
Im apparently not privy to that bit of info. Although, Ill bet the farm they were talking about the area around the confluence of the Salmon....I was talkin with a pal, and he said something about the Salmon being open for hatchery retention...I would jump on that if I didn't have plans for my next few trips!

Seriously, if the Salmon is open for hatchery steelhead retention, find a way to get up there and find a spot to fish. Not only is the fishing good, its beautifull scenery up there!

K
koboabe
HANKIII said:
Where abouts on the upper sandy ?:think:

Head up to Dodge. the hatchery near Sandy...
follow trail to the bank and head upstream from the mouth of the creek.
I havent been on the Sandy since spring though.
except for a few epic floats between Dodge and Oxbow

T
Troutier Bassier
:mad:
My friend was camping there for 3 DAYS! And he only fished for 10 minutes cause he got Bored.