Not sure that this belongs here...

C
chrishophoto
Today I decided to try to catch a steelhead down at OFF hole, and thought I didn't catch a steely I did catch what I think was a very old and tired Coho. Is this possible? He was very red, and did put up a fight. I was really surprised to see him. He was a native, but I wouldn't have kept him even if he was clipped.

T
Troutier Bassier
The Clackamas and Sandy rivers DO get a rare really late Coho. It probably was one.

C
chrishophoto
Well this is a little frustrating. I have never caught a steelhead ever, but I can catch arare coho! Grrrrr.

C
chrishophoto
I feel really bad for the poor guy. It's like he showed up at the bar looking for a date just as they were closing.

T
Troutier Bassier
We've all been there.... :c

F
fishingfreak
Troutier Bassier said:
We've all been there.... :c

Yep caught a Big Dark Native Nook on the Sandy thought it was my 1st Coho ever!
That just means you are doing things right and the Chrome will be coming your way soon!

Last edited:
F
fishingfreak
chrishophot:lol:o said:
I feel really bad for the poor guy. It's like he showed up at the bar looking for a date just as they were closing.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
B
Bad Tuna
Many streams have very late native runs. One stream I fish has Chinook through early Janurary, and even caught a coho in early March, so it does happen. Good on you for getting it done.