Not so huge Wickiup Brown lol

T
TTFishon
Me, the wife, and the dog went camping at Wickiup for three days. Left our house Sunday around 11:00 AM and found a decent camping spot by 2:00 PM. I immediately busted out a beer to take the edge off before setting up camp, started setting up camp and within five minutes two trucks full of kids and a guy on a dirt bike show up to swim. I told them that we have other families coming and they said "oh that's alright, we're only going to be here for a little while":rolleyes: basically telling me to go @$%# myself. Luckily they were there for only an hour and a half. :dance: As soon as they left I put up a rope blocking both entry ways to our spot with signs letting people know the place was taken. Got camp set up and took a walk to set up signs at the forks in the road. Right after I posted a sign a van pulled up and I told them that our spot was taken and we had a family reunion with other people showing up and the guy looked at me and said "so we're just here for the day".....What the hell is wrong with people!!!:mad: OK enough with my negativity. I didn't fish too much. I trolled a rapala from my pontoon for about an hour on one day. Threw the same rapala from the bank for a while the next day and on the last day I decided to try a whole nigh crawler with no weight on the bottom from my pontoon. I paddled across the Davis Arm to the other shore, cast my worm, and let the wind push me back to camp. I did this twice without any bites and knew I needed to get back to camp to get the coals ready for dinner so I gave it one more try. I drifted back to camp again with my bait out a couple hundred feet and put my rod in my pole holder and went to get the coals ready. BTW, I made my own BBQ'er in the dirt and this is how it looked when complete 100_3404.jpg
I went down, checked my pole and reeled in the line about 50 feet, put it back into the pole holder, and went to check the coals. Checked the coals and looked at my pole and it was doubled over!:shock: I grabbed my pole, set the hook, and it was fish on!:dance: She fought hard while I walked her down the bank to keep her from getting into the weeds until I banked her. A beautiful 23" female brown 100_3423.jpg
Perfect timing too. The wife hadn't prepared the burgers yet and the coals were just about ready. Nothing like fresh fish on the grill. 100_3426.jpg:D We left the next day and headed to Bend to visit my parents but here's some more pics of our trip.
Here's Bianca after a hard days work of swimming and chasing chipmunks 100_3429.jpg
The Wife preparing my fish after 3 days of booze and sun 100_3428.jpg
Can you see the dinosaur in the trees? lol 100_3413.jpg
100_3402.jpg
100_3397.jpg
100_3379.jpg

J
JeannaJigs
I'm sure your wife loves you for that picture lol. Did you end up takin the cat, I remember you has a post about that.

Oh and the dinosaur in the trees is possibly the most awesome picture I've seen all day.

Not to discredit your amazing fish or anything...but I'm just in a special easily amused mood, and dinosaurs are rad...plus, I'm on pharmaceuticals.

M
Moe
Nice fish! Looks like it cook up well!

T
TTFishon
Nope, didn't take the cat. Found someone to come to our house and play here kitty kitty, get in the house kitty kitty, I'm gonna kill you kitty kitty if you don't come here kitty kitty. lol

I'm glad you like the dinosaur pic. I thought it was pretty cool too.

BTW, the wife doesn't know I posted that pic. Shhhhh. lol

T
TTFishon
Moe said:
Nice fish! Looks like it cook up well!

Thanks. It was exquisite.

C
Cohosanders
That's a beautiful fish:D

N
nwkiller
great story, great pics, great fish!!!!!

F
Finneus Polebender
nice brown there TT sounds like you had fun regaurdless, got my toon welded and re powdercoated ready to roll again now thinkin river hoppin this weekend!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to get out there and have fun in spite of all the crappy attitude from other people! :clap: Love the dino! :clap: :clap:

Do you really call her "The Wife" to her face? Strange name for a Momma to give a girl....;)

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
Nope, didn't take the cat. Found someone to come to our house and play here kitty kitty, get in the house kitty kitty, I'm gonna kill you kitty kitty if you don't come here kitty kitty. lol

I'm glad you like the dinosaur pic. I thought it was pretty cool too.

BTW, the wife doesn't know I posted that pic. Shhhhh. lol

lol! Your wife might kill you. Good luck.

The kitty comment made me almost choke from laughing cause I live that everyday...my mom and her damn cats!!

L
Left Bank
Great fish and nice pics TT!!!
Looks like there was still room on that grill for kitty :shock::naughty::shock:

B
bigsteel
nice brown TT,,,,,,way to nail em

T
TTFishon
T
TTFishon
T
TTFishon
nwkiller said:
great story, great pics, great fish!!!!!

Hey thanks man.

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
nice brown there TT sounds like you had fun regaurdless, got my toon welded and re powdercoated ready to roll again now thinkin river hoppin this weekend!

Thanks. Yeah, it was a good trip. I'm looking forward to getting back up there with a, leave the women at home trip, with some friends and do a lot more fishing. lol

I'm game for some river hoppin.

T
TTFishon
Raincatcher said:
Way to get out there and have fun in spite of all the crappy attitude from other people! :clap: Love the dino! :clap: :clap:

Do you really call her "The Wife" to her face? Strange name for a Momma to give a girl....;)

Thanks Barb. I guess I only call her "the wife" on this forum. When I'm talking to our dog I call her Mommy which gets the tail a waggin. But yeah, her name is Anna.

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
lol! Your wife might kill you. Good luck.

The kitty comment made me almost choke from laughing cause I live that everyday...my mom and her damn cats!!

Welp, Anna's not gonna kill me! lol She's seen the post now. lol

Yeah, cats can be such a pain. lol He's really a cool cat though...... I think....um....yeah, he's a cool cat. lol

T
TTFishon
Left Bank said:
Great fish and nice pics TT!!!
Looks like there was still room on that grill for kitty :shock::naughty::shock:

Thanks LB. Yep, still room. Mmm mmm BBQ'd house cat. lol

T
TTFishon
bigsteel said:
nice brown TT,,,,,,way to nail em

Thanks bigsteel. If you ever get a chance to get up there I bet you could knock em dead with your fly rod. Fish were jumping everywhere and most of em sounded big.