Not a steelhead but.... my personal best on the fly rod

F
fishfry
Well I set my personal best for a native bow on my fly rod yesterday evening. Had a nice fish on right after getting to my spot and it came off. I cussed my luck and figured that was it for the day but kept stubbornly drifting my fly anyway. On my what was to be one of my last casts of the day I let my fly drift down even further than usual. As I started stripping it in I felt a tap like a dink had tried to eat it. After another tap I pulled and lifted and got a huge suprise as my line burnt my fingers and my reel said ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. After many a blistering (yes it actual burnt my fingers) run I finally netted (only half of him fit in the net) this hog. Totally made up for my many days of missed fishing due to work this month. What a day :D

• hog1.jpg
Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
Whoah, that is a beastly 'bow! Nice going!

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
that is a sweet looking Bow Congrats!!

T
Trout-tacular!
It may have tapped like a dink but that sure ain't a dink.

Nice bow

S
Spydeyrch
WOW!!! :shock: That is totally awesome man!!! What wt rod were you using? That would have been a blast to watch you haul that ting in. The photo seems a little dark, is it because it was early morning or late evening? I wonder if that had anything to do with that HOG taking your presentation.. :clap: Well done man, well done in deed!!! :dance:

-Spydey

T
TimberTodd
Sweet :clap::clap::clap:

F
fishfry
It was late evening and i was swinging a leach pattern through the hole. I was using my 6 wt. Rod with 6lb 3x leader. It deff took a minute to slow him down on some of those runs lol.

V
Van
That is a beautiful fish. Grats.

M
MattZ
you get that in your home waters around Klammath? i need to hit that area soon.

H
hcole
Some of the rivers in the Klamath basin are reputed to have some of the best trout fishing in the lower 48.