North Umpqua = success

M
MikeyG
Floated the North Umpqua back on Presidents Day and picked up eight beautiful steelies, seven natives and one keeper. Average size was approx 14lbs. The day was absolutely beautiful sunny, no rain, water steelhead green, could not have asked for better conditions! We fished bubblegum worms and steelie rags for a few hits but when we switched to roe the bite was on!!. This was my first trip on the north and I'll be back, don't recall where we put in at but take out was at Whistlers Bend(?) about a seven hour trip. The hatchery fish was totally unexpected and locals state it was an oddity but hey steelies are steelies, fin or no fin!! I live on the McKenzie and can't wait till they get in here but it's nothing compared to the Umpqua in terms of fish size and numbers.

P
Phil_Bud
Sounds like you had an awesome day bud. That would be an awesome year for most people...lol...Yeah the Umpqua is definitly a river of its own. Crazy the size of fish in there. Welcome to OFF and great 1st post.

G
GerbilManBoa
Phil_Bud said:
Sounds like you had an awesome day bud. That would be an awesome year for most people...lol...Yeah the Umpqua is definitly a river of its own. Crazy the size of fish in there. Welcome to OFF and great 1st post.

I agree.

K
Kais
Went there this summer and saw the best fishing in my life (too bad it was just a one hour stop on my way home)

G
GerbilManBoa
Welcome to the forum!