North Umpqua River

B
bluefoxfan
Fished the North below Rock creek today. Hooked three and landed this 27" fish on a blue Blue Fox spinner. Also saw two guys on the trail with four fish before 8 AM. Beautiful day, sunny and 80, with fish biting. :cool:

B
Bohemian
Nice fish!!! :clap::clap::clap: Sounds like a perfect day!
Congratulations!

H
Hooked on fishin'
Awesome catch! What size fox were you using?

K
Kodiak
Hooked on fishin' said:
Awesome catch! What size fox were you using?

Looks like a #4 blue body nickle blade.

BFF>>> If you like those...can't even say the name, you should try raptors.

M
Mad dog
Hmmm....Nice meeting you Blue fox fan! :lol:

Did the 2 perp's on the trail look like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Nice "almost" meeting ya...

Nice "almost" meeting ya...

That is a very nice haul you guys. A couple of OFF stickers on your tackle boxes and you could have shared a stretch of water or even a brewski...er,cup of coffee. Way to go and congrats to all!
Be safe.
Barb

Troutski
Troutski
Offers...

Offers...

Wow we have Offers coming and going, great catch all of you. As far a Blue Foxes go...very effective lure. You see easy to say when you use color;)

Chuck

H
Hooked on fishin'
Kodiak said:
Looks like a #4 blue body nickle blade.

BFF>>> If you like those...can't even say the name, you should try raptors.

Duh!! I looked at the pic again, and NOW I see the fox!! Missed it the first time. Thanks Kodiak!

M
Mike123
bluefoxfan said:
Fished the North below Rock creek today. Hooked three and landed this 27" fish on a blue Blue Fox spinner. Also saw two guys on the trail with four fish before 8 AM. Beautiful day, sunny and 80, with fish biting. :cool:

Nice fish!

I'd have to say, for summers, blue body is my go to color! That or purple!

M
Mad dog
Bluefox fan....of course I was just kidding when I said it was all over when we met you heading down the trail! :lol: That's my sarcastic nature! :rolleyes: Personality defect....can't help it! :D Looks like you did good! Congrat's!
My In-laws are in town for the weekend so we took the father-in-law out at first light this morning to look at some Whitetail bucks. We threw the rods in the truck, just in case! :D My oldest hooked up with 3 and landed 2 and we didn't start until later than what I would consider prime summer run fishing hours. I never touched a fish! The kid is good!!! One of the best I have ever seen! I would like to take credit for teaching him what he knows but he is beyond me!

David with a hatchery fish, headed for a neighbors dinner table!
06salmon077.png
A gorgeous native hen! Very bright! David with his grandfather.
06salmon083.jpg

Last edited:
B
bluefoxfan
Nice to meet you Mad dog. I do remember talking to you on the trail. Nice catch for both of you. I like to cast the Blue Fox #4's in blue,black and lime green. I spent some time throwing jigs to no avail. Must be nice to be so close to that great North Umpqua. That was a real pretty hen with that ugly bug. Looks like grandfather wishes he was holding a fish too!

Last edited:
B
bluefoxfan
Back to the North Umpqua today. Hooked two and landed a 28" steelie. Using #4 Blue Fox spinner, first fish hit a firetiger and raced across river, did a cartwheel and threw my hook. Next fish took a #3 black at the tail out of a rapid. After a nice scrap I was able to bank this chrome bright fish. It was so hot "103", that I cut this short and hit Rock creek for a swim.

Last edited: