North Santiam Stealhead!

K
kayakkid
I floated the North Santaim yesterday and today. I floated from Packsaddle to Mehaema and camped somewhere in between. I have been fishing out of my new to me 14 foot raft with a frame. It has been sweet. I think I am getting the hang of pulling plugs. Early this morning I got my first fish to the boat. I am not sure if it is a winter or a summer, but it sure did fight like hell. I am also still looking for people to fish and float with. Let me know I have mucho free time...here are the pics from today! 016.jpg014.jpg015.jpg

J
JAYDEE
Nice looking fish man. I think that is a winter looks too bright to be a late summer. Plus I think the North Santiams winter run are mostly all natives. As for looking for people to fish with i am also looking and i have a lot of free time as well.

W
waco
nice fish!!!! good job getting those hard fighters!!!

18406ej
18406ej
Nice fish- sounds like you had a good time

D
Drew9870
Nice fish, did you see any Salmon rolling?

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish!

S
SantiamDrifter
I would have to say its a winter native, although we've been catchin summer natives the last two months as well. But they have been smaller then that. The thing is the winters dont start coming in for a few months. Must just be really early!

L
lilsalmon
Nice fish and pics...good job

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
OOooooo that looks just like the itch I need to scratch! Very nice!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Pretty spoiled dog on that Paco-pad.... congrats on the new boat, and fish.

H
Hawk
Beautiful pup, fish, & scenery..
Great Job Bro.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

A
autofisher
Great fish man. Looks like some fun times.

F
FishFiddle
That sure is a BEAUTY!

T
todd_brooks
Nice! Sounds like a good time. Some of the best fishing days are just me and my dog. I don't know the Santiam, but I'm sure thats a summer judging from the rosy cheeks. I think a winter would be dime bright right now. Doesn't much matter though does it.

K
kayakkid
No Salmon rolling, and yes the dog is very spoiled. I cannot wait to get out again! The fishing is only going to get better this winter!