North Santiam State Park fishing

M
mrlindeman
I am going to try this stretch. I have heard many good things about it other than what kind of fish hold there this time of year or a decent hole to fish. Does anyone have some advise for this area? I will be drift fishing sand shrimp or corkies and yarn with shrimp scent. I may also try some swinging of Hot butt skunk flies, muddler minnows, or soft hackles.

Thanks for any help in advance. I just have not had much luck on this river, but I love it there and want to experience catching some fish in it.

:pray:

C_Run
C_Run
I just got back from there today and it's probably a bit early to expect a lot of fish. I had a nice hike, though. One thing about that spot is that they built a walk-in campground there and in the summer there are 500 kids swimming in the money spot. There are other good fishing locations around there though . Fisherman's Bend Campground and John Neal Park, the Mehama bridge all have some good accessible holes. I can't tell you the best way to fish, I'll leave that to someone else. I can saw that I was there a few years back and the big hole by the walk-in camp was totally stacked with salmon, salmon with lockjaw unfortunately.

M
mrlindeman
DROOOOLLL Thanks for the reply!!! Thats some good info

S
SantiamDrifter
When you get there, there will be some big rocks about 10 feet out, down river on the right side of the river. Drift your bait through there. It is early for up there tho, but I can say its worth a try ;) The counts just jumped this week, so expect better fishing within 3 weeks.

M
mrlindeman
You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much.