North Santaim Steel!

K
kayakkid
Floated North Santaim on saturday caught this beautiful native buck on a jig. Stayed on the water alittle too long and had to float to the take out in the dark. I am really starting to like the north santaim, not too many people good fishing and close proximity to Salem.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
T
The Tightest Line
Man that's how u do it. Were you by Stayton or Mehama or further toward Detroit?

K
kayakkid
Closer to Jefferson

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking fish!

B
bigsteel
nice fish there,,,looks like the north is gonna be great this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!my favorite river to fish

M
Mike123
Nice fish! This is an amazing year for winters over the falls!

Hopefully our springer run is just as good or better!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing

Now,that is a good looking fish! :clap: I love the N. Santiam too,although I've not gotten to that area yet.:think: Actually,I drove through Jefferson with every intention of finding the barber shop and giving it a shot. Then I had a childhood flashback when I saw a house we lived in when I was a lil runt and spent the next two hours driving around the area while mentally going down memory lane. :rolleyes: I need to go back with a designated driver...:lol: Okay,back on track,great fishing on the N. Santiam and thanks for sharing the pics.

K
Kodiak
Nice fish.

K
kayakkid
More native North Santaim Fish...

More native North Santaim Fish...

I floated from greens bridge to jefferson today caught one large native buck close to the conflunce. Caught it on a pink and white jig!

I also had a very large tree fall into the river about 50 yard up stream of where I was fishing, thankin my lucky stars I didn't decide to fish that stretch.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bigsteel
great fish kayakkid!!!!!!!!!!!!!looks like great weather for a float.....glad you missed the tree

troutdude
troutdude
Dang. Them branches woulda put a crease in your kayak...not to mention your noggin'! Whew. Glad ur still w/ us!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
That does it!!! I'm grabbing my gear and heading for the river! Thanks for the encouraging report,it's all your fault if I stay out way too long...lol

S
SantiamDrifter
Oh yeah, thats what I like to see coming from the north. They grow them big there thats for sure. Landed my biggest steelie on the north 7/8 years ago. That was back before taking pictures were the thing to do. But it was one of those no brainer 20 pounders. It has to have been pushing 25 pounds. I've caught big steel since then, but still, nothing's came close to that one.