North Idaho is flyfishing heaven

S
steelhead1
I got to spend a few days on the St. Joe and Coer D'alene river this week.I found that besides the "you wont catch anything this time of year"mantra from the locals,It is a fly fishing mecca! Non stop cutty action on dries and nymphs,white fish, and a few nice Bows.Amazing wildlife (deer,moose,elk,ducks)everywhere!I had three days of more than fourty miles of river,without another soul in sight. If you are planning a trip to do some fishing,I highly recommend this part of Idaho:D

• DSC02644(1).jpg
  • DSC02654(1).jpg
  • DSC02605(1).jpg
  • DSC02609(1).jpg
  • DSC02621(1).jpg
  • DSC02626(1).jpg
  • DSC02598(1).jpg
Reactions: Irishrover
T
Troutier Bassier
Looks beautiful d00d, thats a cool lookin' trout on the 6th picture!

O
OnTheFly
Absolutlely beautiful fish and country. Is that north of Cor D Alene or east?

Irishrover
Irishrover
So that's why they call Idaho the Gem state! Great pictures makes me want to start packing right now. I'll put that on my places to fish!

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
steelhead1
I know! I would really love to go back after the water drops a bit, the fishing will be even better!Both rivers I fished were east of C D'A:D

Reactions: eggs
B
Bad Tuna
Try the Kootney, and Moyie rivers. Unbelievable trout fishing! There are even a few Gerrard trout to be caught.

brandon4455
brandon4455
amazing colors on the fish next to the fly rod. and that water looks heavenly. :clap:

E
eggs
Wow get pics! I bet that was fun. I fished the N.F. Clearwater a bunch but never made it up that far north.. sounds like something that will need to be done sometime.

Reactions: OnTheFly
H
Hawk
Awesome Beautiful.
We fished parts of ID on our way to Glacier Nat Park.
Fantastic pics bro.
:clap::clap::clap:
:cool:
:D:D:D

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Gorgeous trout! Love that strain of cutthroat - so pretty!

Top Bottom