Noooooooo not the SKUNK!

S
starion87le
:(

The last 6-7 times out...I have been afected by what is known to some of you as the skunk. I have even had fish...tease me...:(

I know I must be doing something wrong...just can't figure it out!:think:

I've fished with spinners...bobber's and jigs...corkies and yarn...all to no avail yet. The only thing I've caught is a HUGE suckerfish and a small pikeminnow.

I've even tried the pink worm!:shock:

If anyone is interested in hitting the Faraday Dam area on the clack Sat. let me know...maybe one of you that has actually caught fish :clap: can show me what I'm doing wrong! Or you can watch and see the skunk in action :dance:

Hope everyone is having a good week. I love this forum!

R
Rascal
Sorry i can't help u Im in the same smelly boat as u

T
Troutier Bassier
You really know you have it Bad when the Fish jump out of the Water and Laugh at you.

D
drifter
ive been gettin em on a orange cork and red yarn.. where are you fishing at? well i might be out there sat morning but catching a fish is not a for sure thing but it part of the game.. ive noticed this been really diffrent from others.. this years by far the slowest from the past 3-4 years..

Last edited:
S
starion87le
I've been fishing Faraday Dam area, McIver Park, Riverside park...places in between...

K
Kodiak
No Worries...I'll call Helga...MLT can atest to the power of the rehab clinic.

B
Brian Dupree
That's why they call it fishing and not catching. We all want to catch fish. But remember your are in the great outdoors in the best state in the U.S.A. and not at work. The worst day fishing is still a heck of a lot better than the best day at work.:) also make sure you are using latex gloves.

N
ninja2010
starion: you are not alone...

captain skunkage hath spoken.

D
drifter
just keep it up and when you get one on you'll be the happiest mother fishers on the river:D.. everyone's been there..

Last edited by a moderator:
S
starion87le
I know...I just needed to vent to you guys. I will keep up with the battle and I also need more gear...who doesn't right?:dance:

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day!:pray:

A
autofisher
Skunk ER

Skunk ER

It's almost like we need to add a seperate thread for people suffering from the skunk attractant disease (SAD) I too need to report for rehab. It's been two years since I've landed anything but a trout............................. must find dynamite

T
Troutier Bassier
Come with me to Salish Buddy.

Y
youngbuck307
you guys that havent hooked up yet and only gone a few times....... it could be a while took me almost 6months of going out 2 or 3 times a week spending 12 hours on the water sometimes.... and i just got into fish the last month... it will happen.... if you ever feel down just go talk to ninja... lol sorry buddy..... he knows what its like. I think the next person to kick the skunk should be him he has put in his time...... I would be happy to have company any time i go out, and will show you what i know...might not be much but enough....

J
jadedbat
This thread cracked me up! I too have been coming up empty handed for the most part. A mini-jack from the doghole in 3 weeks of 3-4 times a week.

I keep telling myself I am building up 'fish credit' and the longer I go with minimal results the more fun the next fish will be.

I am learning that for the clack its a bit of a slow year... hang in there.

Coho and Fall run fish just round the corner... every time you go out you get better and learn even if you are not catching fish.

It could even be as small as.. hmmmm.. next time I am not gonna make pb&j I am gonna do pb and honey cuz they hold up better.. :) or.. next time I go I am bringing TP.

But I can bet you are not alone, people are taking fish tho... maybe try the Sandy up a ways... Cedar Creek and on up.

Y
youngbuck307
i didn't see one fish jump a ceder last week went to upper clack and you see at least a few a hour normaly unless they just stop jumping fo a lil while whitch they do some times... anyone know how ceder has been? like any fish been caught out of there?

I
I Grade
I just accept that unless my name is osmosis...I am probably not going to catch any decent chrome in the Clack until after the first good rain. :pray:

I Grade

A
autofisher
I've gone about 0-5 this year. I did figure out what my main problem was. (thank you Osmosis, I know you have no idea what I'm talking about, but I overheard part of a conversation at the fish OFF and it's helped me a ton) Now I just need to get into a fish that ticked off enough to take my gear. I did take home some beautiful spinners from the fish OFF that I'm itching to try out. Thinkin about hittin up the Sandy or the Clack here in about a week or so, depends on how froggy Raincatcher's feelin. I'll let everyone know when we decide on a day. If anyone wants to tag along or help out, they are more than welcome.

C
catphish
jadedbat said:
maybe try the Sandy up a ways... Cedar Creek and on up.

I was all the way up to old marmot last thurs. water like milk :(, no fish at all. headed down to hatchery and across to slaughter hole, water a little cleaner, still murky, no fish. caught 2 small steel/trout, 1 whitefish, 1 baby somethin. I would say the Sandy is not worth the trip............yet. :(

Autofisher, that was a staged conversation. We saw you lurking over Osmo shoulder and wanted to have a little fun with you, jk. Let me know when you and RC are gonna head this way. I recommend the clack, obviously I did my Sandy recon. Sadly.

Last edited: