Nooks in the Coos

C
CNeal
Headed down to Coos Bay for a few days. Wondering if anyone has experience trying for the fall Nooks in the Coos Bay or Coos River. Supposedly is getting somewhat hot right now, and the Coho are starting to make their first appearance. Anyone with a good bank spot or tips, please please share. I'll post how it went over the weekend, should get some perch @ the very least.....

F
fishkiller
I have been working down in Coos Bay all week and the boats are out in force!! From what I've heard it is starting to pick up. It rained this morning in the Coos so that should help the fish. Coho starts 9/1. Get ir dun.

J
JeannaJigs
I almost want to plan a trip down there in the next couple of weeks based on the reports I've been getting from a couple folks I know down there, supposed to be a really good coho season.I think there's even a wild fish quota this year similar to what they did at Tahkenitch and Siltcoos the first 3 years of establishing that they were both sustainable wild populations not in danger of over harvest from sport anglers. Haven't heard anything further on that though, the release on that was back in June, I think it included the Nehalem, Coos, Coquille, and Yaquina, all with different quotas set at 500-1500 non clipped fish. I have to call ODFW sometime next week about a question in the reg book, so I'll find out about that as well.

Bring on fall.

C
CNeal
Pretty excited, I'm gonna be out in the bay area early seeing what I can get into. Then gonna head upriver a little. Will be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

C
CNeal
Just got back from Coos Bay after two days on the water. Trip didn't go as planned. Was told I would be able to go out on a boat both days so we would have a great shot at getting into some fish. But no boat. Then I went upriver with the brother in law, he said he knew a great spot where tons of chinook "always are". I was less than confident, but I wasn't gonna tell him what was what in his own town. After 5 hours and about 12 cutthroats, we bagged it for the day. Hit up the bay today and saw about 6-7 nooks landed, I was fishing from the bank and just continued the skunk.