nook watch for the siletz

W
wormosa
anyone gotten any chinooks on the siletz yet, how is the fishing? i am going again on saturday, i did catch a small chinook on this past saturday... it has to get better!!

W
wormosa
with a brads wobbler i add, mught be cheap, but i believe stick with what works !!!!

K
Kodiak
Sandshrimp 18-24 inches off the bottom just a bove chinook bend by the lone tree.

D
drifter
yeah i want to know to. i want to go out there for a 3 day weekend soon and woould love to get one out there!! just dont really know where to fish but the guy at the lil shop had some great advice!!

W
wormosa
Kodiak said:
Sandshrimp 18-24 inches off the bottom just a bove chinook bend by the lone tree.

i caught my lil guy just west of windy bend.... i had a take down on sunday with wobbler again and he spit the hook, talk about depressing

W
wormosa
Kodiak said:
how u tying up the sand shrimp? i never have used it, any help would be appreciated

K
Kodiak
I run 18" dropper OFF! a spreader to a 2oz weight, run a 18" 25# leader. Drop it strait to the bottom, tighten it up, two cranks off the bottom. To fish it right you are going to need about 5 dz. shrimp per head (it pays to pump your own from the flat in the bay). You will get bit every shrimp. The problem is they are all bullhead, ecept that 1 fish that you limp wrist hookset. The chinook feel almost exactley the same as a bullhead. It becomes an exersice in focus, stamina, and determination...I usually get 1 hookup per high tide/rod.

W
wormosa
Kodiak said:
I run 18" dropper OFF! a spreader to a 2oz weight, run a 18" 25# leader. Drop it strait to the bottom, tighten it up, two cranks off the bottom. To fish it right you are going to need about 5 dz. shrimp per head (it pays to pump your own from the flat in the bay). You will get bit every shrimp. The problem is they are all bullhead, ecept that 1 fish that you limp wrist hookset. The chinook feel almost exactley the same as a bullhead. It becomes an exersice in focus, stamina, and determination...I usually get 1 hookup per high tide/rod.

ok i am new to this salmon fishing by myself, my buddy always hooked me up, what i want to know is when you use sand shrimp, are you tying it to a spinner,wobbler or just a plain old hook? i have used plug cut herring with the two hooks and tie them up very nicely and they roll, but sand shrimp i have no clue as to what to use to hook them on too...

K
Kodiak
i run 5/0 owners. just tie an egg loop and thread them on. It's a plunking method so you are anchored..pretty simple...can be really effective this time of year.

W
wormosa
Kodiak said:
i run 5/0 owners. just tie an egg loop and thread them on. It's a plunking method so you are anchored..pretty simple...can be really effective this time of year.

thank you i will try this saturday and let you know how i do....gonna fish it sat,sun.