Nook on the Wind

T
Toyracer38
Well I've worked for it and finally got my first Chinook on a bobber. My buddy and I get down to the hole and find 7 others had beat us there. The hole looked like a bobber conveyer belt and no one was touching a fish. I decided to start moving down towards the tailout, where nobody else was. Working the water inside out, then move down further. Just below me are some boils, close to my side and a current seam just outside of them. Basically just leveled my rod tip and dropped the bobber. Floats down right on the inside seam and i see dink dink. I'm thinking I'm set up to deep and hitting rocks, then bobber goes under, still I'm thinking it's a rock, but not gonna risk it, I set the hook. ooooh this rock is fighting back! :) Fish on! I know I've missed a few, thinking it was a rock. Live a learn ;) This guy showed some pure strength. Didn't ever take much line, but after around 5 minutes of playing him, he heads for the strong current and heads, up river! Can't wait to get me somemore bobber Nooks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: igquick and Admin
W
waco
Nice fish!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good job taking home a nice chrome nook! He looks like a fighter!

I
igquick
awesome story, a nook on a bobber sounds fun

E
eugene1
good fish, and great looking river!

congrats,

J
JeannaJigs
Awesome fish! I have missed so many fish especially in tidewater because they're so gentle sometimes I just assume it's a bait fish or bottom lol. Crazy fish.

M
mikeee2362
NIIIICE ! Way to go Toy!! Can't wait to try that out!!

J
JonT
Great looking fish! I'm headed to the Wind later this week. Maybe I'll see ya there.

T
Toyracer38
I may get out there on Friday? Good luck JonT!

T
Toyracer38
Well we got out there today and got our skunk on! Only saw 3 caught. Finished the day on the Kalama, and of course caught Chinooks that we had to let go. Just isn't fair! :p