no spark... any ideas?

N
ninja2010
does anyone here have any idea where to begin to fix a small outboard that has no spark? is it something easy to diagnose, or is that a problem that could potentially be too much of a hassle to even bother with?

thanks in advance.

Chromatose
Chromatose
ninja2010 said:
does anyone here have any idea where to begin to fix a small outboard that has no spark? is it something easy to diagnose, or is that a problem that could potentially be too much of a hassle to even bother with?

thanks in advance.

What is the Make/Model/Size?

Are you mechanically inclined?

Do you have a volt meter?

Y
youngbuck307
i would think something just minor but you never know i wouldnt worry if it was my car. all motors are kinda the same idea......

Troutski
Troutski
ninja2010 said:

thanks in advance.

Does it have one of those emergency OFF switches that you hook to your life vest? Some times they just ware out and must be replaced. They only have to be off by a couple of thousands and will look just fine. They don't cost much and even I can replace them...not making fun of you, but one must know that I am not even allowed to own tools. Check it out...could be a very easy fix, it gives the exact symptom you have explained.

Chuck

Y
youngbuck307
LMAO got towed one time due to that being off he was playin with it when he was fishing and didn't know it was for that....stupid brother-in-law