No silvers in Clack yet??????

L
luv2fish
well your live reporting ain't that good..or simply..people don want other people to know that there's fish there...i donno...had to be either of one.....

i saw fish with my 2 eyes......at EC...

F
FishKiller23
There is some I seen them myself. But yea a lot of people are trying to keep it hush hush shh shh. Which is fine by me... I am just waiting until we get a few days of rain then i'll go out and give it a shot until then I am just scouting and checking spots out.

M
mgdguy
they're all wild? Is that because no Hatch Coho go that high, or some other reason?

F
Fishtopher
Or it could be that when they were there, there were no fish. Seems like a viable option.

By the way, I took this yesterday at Bonnie Lure.

First, for those who have never been there outside of Coho season, here is what it looks like. Shocker right? I mean you can actually see the rocks on the bank, or walk without getting tangled in fishing line.

100_1843.jpg

Now here's one of the water under the bridge. I know I know, I need a polarized lens or whatever.

100_1845.jpg

And finally one from on top of the bridge, right down into the hole.

100_1847.jpg

Point is, if "the coho were there", there would be people lining the bank, and you would see fish in the crappy pictures of bridge hole.

I think its safe to say, that when guys ask; "are the coho there", or when they say; "the coho arent there", they arent talking about 1-2 pods of native up river Coho. Mebbe Im just speaking for myself.

F
Fishtopher
mgdguy said:
they're all wild? Is that because no Hatch Coho go that high, or some other reason?

Im pretty sure they dont let any hatch coho above Rivermill. Im not sure where they release the hatch Coho. But I dont think they would release them above Eagle, as they dont want them to stray. I know some hatch Coho do shoot up past Eagle Creek, just like they do on the Sandy, and can be found at McIver and such.

C
Cracker
There are hatchery Coho in the Clack right now. I wouldnt bother with Eagle Creek yet.

B
bigdog
Yeah went and cheacked eagle yesterday and there are no fish there yet. With the rain that we are getting though they are soon to come though. You might want to think that I'm trying to say that to keep it (hush hush) but remember I'm the blabermouth that ruins people secret spots, so you can bank on it that I'm telling the truth and they aren't there yet. They should be a good amount of fishies in there by monday morning though.

Guess what I'm doing on monday.

K
Kodiak
I was up there this morning....had bad knot problems. Had four on, accidently foul hooked another...heres the pic

T
Troutier Bassier
You guys are Pretty Good at Photoshop.

F
Fishtopher
:lol:Thats too funny!:lol:

O
osmosis
until this rain there werent any fish in EC, but there were plenty in the clack. been hooking fish for weeks in the lower clack but the rumor about fish below bonnie bridge last week was definitely all someones imagination. after these two days of rain I think its safe to say without even going to take a look that there are fish under the bridge, now.

HAHAHA, How dare you hide in the bushes and take pics, what is this? the fishing paparazzi?

D
dude young
Okay, to heck with the TCO photo contest. I am anouncing the First Annual Dude Young Commemorative Bad Photo-shop Memorial Thingy. Lets see just how redonkulous we can make this photo. Most silly wins a prize. Yep, that's right, BigDog is going to donate that un-holy mess he dug out of the river the other day. And I will dip it in some of the mercury I have collected form the Willy Sturgeon.:dance:

Good luck!

B
bigdog
osmosis said:
until this rain there werent any fish in EC, but there were plenty in the clack. been hooking fish for weeks in the lower clack but the rumor about fish below bonnie bridge last week was definitely all someones imagination. after these two days of rain I think its safe to say without even going to take a look that there are fish under the bridge, now.

HAHAHA, How dare you hide in the bushes and take pics, what is this? the fishing paparazzi?

Was just in that area today and stoped in for a look and a hike and no sorry nothing there yet. Give it a day or to it will happen. I'm going to head out torwards dogde park area on the sandy in the morning for the coho hunt.

F
FishSchooler
He even got a fish "pose" for the "secret" photo.

Osmosis, check your PMs if you havent ;)

Last edited:
B
Bohemian
2 Questions

2 Questions

Are all the Coho in the Clackamas heading up Eagle Creek? -- or do some head up farther on the Clackamas toward Mciver?

Also will this rain bring in more steelhead?

Oops, that was three questions :)

Thanks

O
osmosis
only a few strays make it up to mciver, your best bet is to fish below EC on the clackamas or in the creek itself.
Screw the old colored up summer steelhead its salmon time! If you want steelhead head to the columbia.

G
GDBrown
OK i'm kinda new to this hole Clackamas-EC-Sandy thing. I looked at that second photo real close and I did'nt see any fish in it. So what I really want to know is: Does that log really hold up that end of the bridge? Should we be calling the bridge inspection team? Maybe they will keep us posted about fish being below the bridge while they are fixing it!

F
FishSchooler
GDBrown said:
OK i'm kinda new to this hole Clackamas-EC-Sandy thing. I looked at that second photo real close and I did'nt see any fish in it. So what I really want to know is: Does that log really hold up that end of the bridge? Should we be calling the bridge inspection team? Maybe they will keep us posted about fish being below the bridge while they are fixing it!

Yea, the bridge really does rest on the log. :rolleyes:;)

B
bigdog
GDBrown said:

No that log isn't holding the bridge, it got stuck there after the major floods that hit last year. They wiped that area out bad and changed everything, some of the changes were for the better and other not so good. That creek is a whole new game this year.